theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 14-01-09, 04:14 PM   #11
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
Janspeed manifold, cat bypass, XPower back box and ITG in inner wing (badly fitted by previous owner). The engine may have internal modifications done by MGR, as it was the supercharged project car.

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-09, 12:03 PM   #12
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMS Ltd. View Post
I've done 3 rolling road days. TBH only one of them was done correctly and returned a reasonable figure.

The first day was at Emerald. Mine was the first ZS and I am certain that they still had the tyre size for the MGF in their system, so the power & torque figures were completely wrong.

The second day was at B.D. Engineering in Newington. We took 3 cars along to them - a ZT260, my old green ZS180 and the Twilight ZS180. All 3 cars on that day were around 10% down on power by my reckoning. The ZT260 made 236BHP, the green ZS was 163 and the Twilight one 186.

The third day was at a rolling road in Essex - I can't remember the name, but I told Phate about them. They did not give flywheel figures, just ATW figures. The Twilight ZS180 made 167.4HP ATW, which equates to around 205BHP. This was the only RR day where they measured the actual tyre size of each car using callipers prior to the car being put on the rollers.
The rolling road in Essex that I couldn't remember was ATSpeed Racing in Rayleigh. Contact phone number is 01268 773377.

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote