theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-01-09, 07:48 PM   #1
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
ARRRGHHHHH - Long post.

So I'm sitting here with sister watching TV and doing some work on the laptop and

BAANG

Look at each other "wtf?"

I hurry to the front door, open up to see a van speeding off and its gone...then I look at my car

He's reversed right into the corner of it, cracked the bumper and broken the drivers side light cluster.

Something I could really do without right now, just rang the guy I got my bits from before and he's got a rear bumper but its in le mans green and not trophy blue, he's got a light cluster though.

Bits won't be here until Wednesday at the earliest and I need to drive tomorrow - argh.

The van in question looked suspiciously like the van thats been obstructing the driveway for about 6 months whilst they do construction work on the new house over the road...me and mums bf are going to go have a word tomorrow.

ARGH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had nothing but bad luck with this car...it's been hit....about 5, 6 times now??

3 weeks after owning it it was stolen from me and written off, I then had to front £1100 for parts and to have it bodged repaired by my ******** of a useless uncle which meant it was off the road for a month.

I then took it to get it RR'd where it nearly jumped off the rollers and killed everyone due to the alignment of the wheels.

So I spent a lot of time doing the usual fixes, rear bumper sag, SRS light blah blah blah etc etc etc.

For it to be driven into 3 times in 2 weeks

So I took it to the bodyshop, spent £225 having the rear bumper and side of the car sprayed/blended.

A week after that my sister shut the garage door and scraped down the back of the same rear bumper and put a nice line down it....thanks.

Then after a few visits to EMS I've had a level 3 service done, camber adjusters put on to sort out the camber problem on the front passenger wheel from the original accident, plus various other bits and pieces total work - nearly £1000

So now the car engine doesn't rattle anymore, it's pulling like a steam train, I did 600 miles this weekend and the car didn't miss a beat, I'm finally REALLY enjoying the car...and then today the above happens........and I'm getting sick of it.

All I ever seem to be doing is repairing the bodywork for somebody to come and ruin it

Oh and to top it off, someone put a nice big carpark dent in the door the other day

I really am tempted to get rid of it....its in the bodyshop more than it is on the road....but there isn't a car I've driven which has given me as many smiles per miles either.

Oh I don't know, I'm just fed up with all. I know that once I replace the light, and put the new bumper on and get that sprayed (gonna be like £300 - £400) it won't be longer than a ****ing month until someone else hits it, or someone else drives into it, or someone pushes a trolley into it. ARGH

What do I do?

I can't actually get insured on something like a Scooby (which is what I want) or a 200sx (which I also want) - the idea was to use the ZS as a stop gap until I can get insured on one without having to bend over, grease up and take it hard and dry....

Oh well...I might as well go buy a 1.25 Fiesta and deal with it.

Ho hom....
Old 12-01-09, 07:57 PM   #2
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phate View Post
So I'm sitting here with sister watching TV and doing some work on the laptop and

BAANG

Look at each other "wtf?"

I hurry to the front door, open up to see a van speeding off and its gone...then I look at my car

He's reversed right into the corner of it, cracked the bumper and broken the drivers side light cluster.

Something I could really do without right now, just rang the guy I got my bits from before and he's got a rear bumper but its in le mans green and not trophy blue, he's got a light cluster though.

Bits won't be here until Wednesday at the earliest and I need to drive tomorrow - argh.

The van in question looked suspiciously like the van thats been obstructing the driveway for about 6 months whilst they do construction work on the new house over the road...me and mums bf are going to go have a word tomorrow.

ARGH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had nothing but bad luck with this car...it's been hit....about 5, 6 times now??

3 weeks after owning it it was stolen from me and written off, I then had to front £1100 for parts and to have it bodged repaired by my ******** of a useless uncle which meant it was off the road for a month.

I then took it to get it RR'd where it nearly jumped off the rollers and killed everyone due to the alignment of the wheels.

So I spent a lot of time doing the usual fixes, rear bumper sag, SRS light blah blah blah etc etc etc.

For it to be driven into 3 times in 2 weeks

So I took it to the bodyshop, spent £225 having the rear bumper and side of the car sprayed/blended.

A week after that my sister shut the garage door and scraped down the back of the same rear bumper and put a nice line down it....thanks.

Then after a few visits to EMS I've had a level 3 service done, camber adjusters put on to sort out the camber problem on the front passenger wheel from the original accident, plus various other bits and pieces total work - nearly £1000

So now the car engine doesn't rattle anymore, it's pulling like a steam train, I did 600 miles this weekend and the car didn't miss a beat, I'm finally REALLY enjoying the car...and then today the above happens........and I'm getting sick of it.

All I ever seem to be doing is repairing the bodywork for somebody to come and ruin it

Oh and to top it off, someone put a nice big carpark dent in the door the other day

I really am tempted to get rid of it....its in the bodyshop more than it is on the road....but there isn't a car I've driven which has given me as many smiles per miles either.

Oh I don't know, I'm just fed up with all. I know that once I replace the light, and put the new bumper on and get that sprayed (gonna be like £300 - £400) it won't be longer than a ****ing month until someone else hits it, or someone else drives into it, or someone pushes a trolley into it. ARGH

What do I do?

I can't actually get insured on something like a Scooby (which is what I want) or a 200sx (which I also want) - the idea was to use the ZS as a stop gap until I can get insured on one without having to bend over, grease up and take it hard and dry....

Oh well...I might as well go buy a 1.25 Fiesta and deal with it.

Ho hom....
Seriously unlucky bud..........all I can say is..............when things go wrong I tend to want to stay to the bitter end to put things right.

When The Red Devil came home and I was told the bottom end was on its way out and the cost involved in putting it all right I was devastated. Move on a year later and thousands of pounds putting things right and upgrading parts I have never been in a car that suits me so well........looks, power, handling, braking (at the time) Right now my car is worth **** all on a car forecourt.........but I am so proud and pleased I have it

Hang in there dude!!! You sell it and you will regret it!!! I have sold so many vehicles/big boys toys that I miss so much and even now I have tantrums about them.

If anything...........your sister sounds a little unlucky for you.........you thought of ebaying her lol

Jim
Old 12-01-09, 08:00 PM   #3
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to hear that dude, could be worse though , if ya had a Scooby, van would of hit that instead then ya would really be pissed off
Old 12-01-09, 08:03 PM   #4
Phate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LozMachine View Post
Sorry to hear that dude, could be worse though , if ya had a Scooby, van would of hit that instead then ya would really be pissed off
Least I wouldn't have to worry about getting parts
Old 12-01-09, 08:11 PM   #5
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phate View Post
Least I wouldn't have to worry about getting parts
You would still be REALLY pissed off .lol
Old 12-01-09, 08:11 PM   #6
Phate

Oh I don't know. I guess I'm just fed up of people damaging someone I enjoy and love having so much.

I had the Saab for 18 months and that car got abused - yes it was looked after but abused as well - not a scratch in the whole time I owned it.
Old 12-01-09, 08:12 PM   #7
chriszs180

god man you dont get much luck do you mate
i'd have a llok at the van and contact old bill there must be paint from you bumper on theres someware.
anyway at worst strip it out and use it for track....
oh or trade it in for a focus rs.....
Old 12-01-09, 08:24 PM   #8
vinny1979

vinny1979 is on a distinguished road
kick the **** out of the builder
93 Rover 220 GSi Turbo, 99 Golf GTi turbo Former owner of mk2 180 bx54 kgp - Ignition blue
vinny1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-09, 08:26 PM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Bad luck mate. I bet that van turns up all nice and clean with a polished rear end the next time you see it.

If it does turn up as mentioned then report it to the police and give them the reg number as you caught it speeding away.
Old 12-01-09, 09:00 PM   #10
Phate

Me and Mums BF are going to have a word tomorrow

He isn't getting away with it.