theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 24-09-18, 11:30 AM   #11
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I've got the original "DonnyDiesel" pipe that DarkIce copied when he decided to move on from MGR.

Being honest, other than looking a bit cleaner/tidier the fact it's not squashed makes no difference to power figures.

mine *might* be surplus to requirements, as my turbo isn't standard anymore; but I'd rather not offer it up to sale until I know what's happening with all the old bits and pieces.. (and until I get the car back!)
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-18, 12:08 AM   #12
gAZ

gAZ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
I've got the original "DonnyDiesel" pipe that DarkIce copied when he decided to move on from MGR.

Being honest, other than looking a bit cleaner/tidier the fact it's not squashed makes no difference to power figures.

mine *might* be surplus to requirements, as my turbo isn't standard anymore; but I'd rather not offer it up to sale until I know what's happening with all the old bits and pieces.. (and until I get the car back!)
Well that may well be true, but it certainly looks a better shape alround. If nothing else it's a bit of bling, but it's not like the figures are boasting much of an improvement. I'm sure it was like 5 lb ft torque and slightly better coming on to boost.

Either way, it's not going to brake the bank and neither is it the only modification. Hopefully every 'little' improvement here and there adds up to something noticeable all together.

Next on the list is sdi injectors. Are they plug and play? Or will it end up smoking like a chimney if I don't get it remapped as well ?

Though the guy I bought it off claimed it's been remapped already to 137bhp but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt .
gAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-18, 03:48 PM   #13
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
best to get a remap, after all the mods have been done.

Can get 158 bhp and 241 ft lbs torque

You only get smoke when you floor it, normal driving its OK.

SDi's are plug and play, best to get new copper washers, while you have it all stripped down its worth checking all the bleed off pipes, including the one back to the pump. They tend to go rather regularly
Old 26-09-18, 11:40 PM   #14
gAZ

Old 27-09-18, 09:20 PM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold

Last edited by talkingcars; 27-09-18 at 09:25 PM.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-18, 09:28 PM   #16
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Old 28-09-18, 08:55 AM   #17
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-18, 06:42 PM   #18
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry for the blank posts! All should be sorted now!

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-18, 06:45 PM   #19
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
well done Sam
Old 29-09-18, 02:36 AM   #20
gAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
best to get a remap, after all the mods have been done.

Can get 158 bhp and 241 ft lbs torque

You only get smoke when you floor it, normal driving its OK.

SDi's are plug and play, best to get new copper washers, while you have it all stripped down its worth checking all the bleed off pipes, including the one back to the pump. They tend to go rather regularly
Sounds good to me.

Can I also put the standard zs injectors into the 200?

Which washers do I need to buy? And is there a way to check the condition of the sdi's before I put them in? Or a recommend cleaning routine?

And these bleed off pipes, are they the rubber braided hoses between the injectors ?