theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 11-07-13, 08:31 PM   #81
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Nice one, I find I am using the Vectra's auto setting alot now. When my zed is back on the road I'll need a re-gas as it has gone off.
Old 25-07-13, 04:33 PM   #82
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Sad day....

Well - despite the external efforts to the body, the mechanical bits, and the interior - it appears that the car's time down South has rotted too much of the car.

Failed the MOT today with a subframe excessively corroded and further advisories on more corrosion on the floor pan. This is on top of some welding that I had done 2 days ago. I'm not throwing any more into it in order to sell, so feel that I'm left with only 1 option. Further fail on the performance of the handbrake despite the tension being addressed too - so calliper issues I think.

Still - owning her had been a great experience.

I'm genuinely gutted.

Stand by for a breaking thread.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13, 04:42 PM   #83
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
That's a shame, it's a good looking car.

There must be a few rogue cars about, I broke a 98 Rover 200 a few years back which would have made it about 6 years old, I've never seen such a rotten example.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13, 04:54 PM   #84
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Damn shame to end the story with it breaking but hope you do well with getting rid of most parts to keep others on the road.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13, 05:09 PM   #85
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Shame, but its served you well.

Lucky you have the new one on the way.

Old 25-07-13, 05:13 PM   #86
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Bad news mate, shame it can't be fixed up since you put in so much hard work.

Still there will be plenty of money made back in stripping it. Will you be selling the grey alcantara that's in it? (not for me, I already have a set!)

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13, 05:18 PM   #87
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
That is a proper shame Dan, the time and effort that had gone into Red made it into a very nice example of the zs.!!
I will say in advance though that if you are putting up a braking thread you will be getting some pennies from me as bits of yours I've always taken a shining too (leather alcantara interior and wheel possibly if splitting) as it looked so good.
At least it'll be money to a good cause and help another live on in style.

Awaits vulture comments now as per the rules lol
Old 25-07-13, 05:23 PM   #88
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Photoshoot and a scavenge now.

Sorry to hear but at least you got a new toy.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13, 05:23 PM   #89
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
that is bad news dan,you had done really well with red aswell,as stated put a wee list up,and see if anybodys looking for stuff,you may break even,hope you have a better day in york tomorrow mate,good luck
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13, 05:40 PM   #90
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Cheers fellas - yep - shame - but it happens I guess.

To be honest - glad it's now while I've got it and not if I'd sold her on here to someone who then found the issues at the first MOT.

So - if anyone wants anything - apart from the wheels that is (unless you give me some to put on so I can roll it about) - I'll get a separate thread up soon enough. Right now I'm just planning my trip to York tomorrow to get the Silver one.

And I don't mind any vulture comments at all....

Last edited by Dan1971; 25-07-13 at 05:49 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote