AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-10-11, 03:23 PM   #1
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
What To Do

Well did an insurance qoute on a MK2 180 yesterday out of curiosity and it works out at around an extra ?10 a month (no idea how but it does)

now im seriously considering selling the 110 and getting a mk1 180 and maybe getting an LPG conversion with the extra pennys

people say the mk2's are worth between 2k anywhere upto 3k

if i was to put mine up for ?2750 do you think that would be a reasonable price

I kno i wudnt sell it for much less TBF
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 05:07 PM   #2
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Tim,

Please consider what you have at the moment, and please consider what you did to get the car you have at the moment.

Your 110 with LPG Vs 180 V6 - the 110 with LPG with run rings around the 180 fuel wise, thats a no brainer right away, even a 180 with LPG comes no where near your current car fuel wise anyway.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 05:15 PM   #3
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
Worth the money yes but getting it will be another matter.

Going from 1.6 lpg to a 180.

It will be up for sale by xmas.

Ive come to terms with the 180's thirst but taking the kids to the sea side last week end and down my mums for lunch was ?35 in gogo juice.
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 07:39 AM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Question is Tim can you really afford the change up again? I'd hate to be reading another thread with 180 for sale due to running costs. Just remember ?10 a month now will be more next year, gone are the days of insurance premiums going down each renewal and fuel will never be cheap!

The LPG will cost a fair bit and how long will it take to recoup those costs? With your miles probably 5+ years to break even?

Write a list of pros and cons for both the current car and what you intend to buy and study it hard. In todays climate I would probably want what you have now in order to keep the outgoings down. Then again I do 350 miles a week just commuting. My salary covers this but it still hurts to pay it.
Old 07-10-11, 08:25 AM   #5
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
As above really you sold your 180 due to running costs. I'd stick with what you have now
Old 07-10-11, 09:44 AM   #6
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Probably not the one for advice since I am getting rid of my 110 for the 180 I have but then I dont use mine for work.

If running costs are the issue then a 110/120 is the way to go, especially running LPG.

As for a price for the 110, you know what mine looks like, I accepted ?2000 from Kyle and reduced it to ?1900 (mates rates!). I am happy with that and so is he. I know it could have gotten 200-400 more but I have no complaints.

Either way, good luck with the decision, you've been given some sound advice so hope it works out mate.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place

Last edited by Smokey; 07-10-11 at 09:47 AM.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 03:26 PM   #7
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Probably not the one for advice since I am getting rid of my 110 for the 180 I have but then I dont use mine for work.

If running costs are the issue then a 110/120 is the way to go, especially running LPG.

As for a price for the 110, you know what mine looks like, I accepted ?2000 from Kyle and reduced it to ?1900 (mates rates!). I am happy with that and so is he. I know it could have gotten 200-400 more but I have no complaints.

Either way, good luck with the decision, you've been given some sound advice so hope it works out mate.
had a think about it today at work whilst i did some serious pant sniffing that its probs not a good idea

Im probs gonna stick to the 110 and in probs a year 18 months time look into getting a bit of finance towards sommat (probs a quick Derv)

i think i just got the urge to get one after seeing that Supercharged vid round the Noobering

cheers for the advice guys
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote