theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 27-06-13, 07:56 AM   #11
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Coca cola over the bolt? I have heard of this before, does it actually do anything or is it one of those urban legends?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov1ecYKxYH0

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-13, 08:00 AM   #12
maxtherotti

maxtherotti will become famous soon enough
coke works a treat on stuck injectors on diesels
How about a mini zs meet with bbq at your place and bring some spanners
get 5 guys on it
1 on each corner while you oversee lol
Old 27-06-13, 08:06 AM   #13
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtherotti View Post
coke works a treat on stuck injectors on diesels
How about a mini zs meet with bbq at your place and bring some spanners
get 5 guys on it
1 on each corner while you oversee lol
sounds ideal! Delegate! Got plenty of tools, but found last night that my trolley jack is past it, need to buy a new one, can't grumble as it is 20 years old!

Tyres will get ordered Friday hopefully. Braided hoses as well. Need to check the brakes over, can see a bit of money in them as well! Arch roller on the cards, do I buy or borrow? Not one to borrow but probably won't use it again. Set of plugs, oil change................erm this list is growing. Can't see it being ready for Duxford at this rate But at least it is being shown some attention.
Old 27-06-13, 09:00 AM   #14
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Good to hear Mick I am sure you will have it looking and running superb in no time.
Old 27-06-13, 09:54 AM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Thanks grimmy, about time I did something. I was having visions of it becoming one those neglected cars taken root in the front garden! It'll come good as it is a much needed diversion. My dad always liked it, so there's some incentive.
Old 27-06-13, 12:01 PM   #16
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Thanks grimmy, about time I did something. I was having visions of it becoming one those neglected cars taken root in the front garden! It'll come good as it is a much needed diversion. My dad always liked it, so there's some incentive.
When you are done you can come up here and work on mine keep the distraction going.
Old 27-06-13, 12:41 PM   #17
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Yeah it does, have some amazing stuff at work at the moment called torson spray. Reallly good.
Old 27-06-13, 08:27 PM   #18
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Great to hear the old girl getting a good going over mick, be good to hear de is mobile again
Old 27-06-13, 10:06 PM   #19
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
Pour some cocacola over the bolt
what a waste of rum!

Mick - it's good that you are finding the strength to start doing things for yourself.
Old 27-06-13, 10:54 PM   #20
stamford
Site Owner

Thanks James. About time I looked forward, I know I can't keep feeling down so thought what's the best tonic? So decided to get on and do something. No rum wasted here! I have two bottles of my dad's and have started to like it again!