dida4g has a spectacular aura aboutdida4g has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dida4g View Post
Things I need,

front bumper bar,
Radiator with AC and twin fans,
Bit of good luck yesterday,
Bumper bar £10.
Rad and A/C with twin fans, airbox and spare air flow sensor all for £60.

Last edited by dida4g; 03-09-17 at 05:25 PM.
dida4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-11, 03:47 PM   #12
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Sounds a bargain, be up and running soon.

Old 22-01-11, 07:42 PM   #13
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
i used a ratchet strap,a tree,and one of my mates to pull the back end out on my old zs,worked a treat
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-11, 09:09 AM   #14
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I must admit I find the idea of car and rope a bit scary as a jig, so easy to over do it, I prefer the ratchet strap and tree or 4x4 with electric winch methods.

Last edited by talkingcars; 23-01-11 at 09:06 PM.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-11, 09:42 AM   #15
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I've used the car method a couple of times when I have done bodywork for friends before

Its fine, you just get the owner of the car your fixing to drive the "jig" car... that way they pay extra special attention to what you say and if they pull too far you can blame them lol

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-11, 06:26 AM   #16
dida4g

Quick update.
Fitted the AC condenser and Rad, I now have heat....Woohoo, couldn't get the fan to came on even after half an hour, the temp stayed below half though.
I pressed the AC button and the fans spin, just needs a re-gas and it's good to go.
Old 27-01-11, 10:23 AM   #17
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

My derv always runs about half way on the temp gauge, even in the hot weather last year.

Think the only time its come on was after a few laps at Brands, when they recommend just sitting with the engine running, after you finish.

Good to see one going back on the road, for a change.

Old 27-01-11, 11:57 AM   #18
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Thanks for keeping us updated, Ive been watching this with interest. All good work!
Looking forward to seeing how the bumper comes out.
Old 27-01-11, 02:58 PM   #19
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

I got shot down on one of the forums (not this one) for suggesting the guy got his slightly damaged bumper, (just a crack), back from the repairers and fiberglassed it back up.

On the tv programme where they buy 2nd hand cars, do them up and flog them, the mechanic guy even showed you how to do it.

Main thing was to drill a hole at the end of the crack, this stops it from carrying on. Bit of fiberglass, filler, flatting back, paint and as good as new!!

Old 28-01-11, 07:28 AM   #20
dida4g

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
I got shot down on one of the forums (not this one) for suggesting the guy got his slightly damaged bumper, (just a crack), back from the repairers and fiberglassed it back up.

On the tv programme where they buy 2nd hand cars, do them up and flog them, the mechanic guy even showed you how to do it.

Main thing was to drill a hole at the end of the crack, this stops it from carrying on. Bit of fiberglass, filler, flatting back, paint and as good as new!!

Wheeler dealers, I saw that episode.