Old 21-02-11, 09:29 PM   #11
magpie67

magpie67 is on a distinguished road
welcome
magpie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-11, 09:50 PM   #12
haGGard

haGGard is on a distinguished road
welcome. Im interested in seeing pics of your rover too!
haGGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-11, 10:05 PM   #13
zsdave

zsdave is on a distinguished road
tis a good forum i have been avin a gander lol
cheers for the welcomes all :O)
zsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-11, 11:13 PM   #14
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Vented front disks, solid rear. My rear o/s caliper siezed on and destroyed the disk, seems that its a common problem and the sliders rust/size up.

Its worth checking all the metal pipes that run across the engine and back on the near side as they are known to rust.

I've put the boost up a bit, remap, BMC panel filter, Powerflow s/s from cat back, decatted, mafam fitted. And now 134 bhp, but by fitting SDi injectors you can get 145.9 bhp, so I now have a set of them to try out.

My turbo pipe popped off, as it does pick up a bit of oil, but yours sounds worse than that.

They do go well, and dosnt have to cost the earth.

Old 22-02-11, 04:08 PM   #15
zsdave

the alarm issiue on mine has been sorted today & i had a full diagnostic done on the engine/electrics & its come up with no faults which is reassuring!!!

peterzs or anyone else that knows for that matter whats the disk diameter on the front & rear as i'm having trouble ordering some drilled/grooved disks n pads!!!

at least i know know my motor has solid disks on the back & vented front, moving forwards,
i'll fit slightly uprated pads (mintex or somat) but not any of the EBC/track inspired stuff as on the road, road pads will bite better than the other type of pads when the the car/brakes are cold whereas the track/fastroads pads need to warm a little!

i'll have to get a chance to whip the turbo off & check the pipes as petezs says above,if the turbo needs seals i believe there is a place in birmingham that does a re-build & re-balance's the turbo for about ?150/?200ish

on the plus side my dailydriver k reg rover 414 passed her MOT test today, so it'll be lowered tomorow & given a check over, chuffed!
Old 22-02-11, 06:03 PM   #16
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Glad the 414 got through. just been looking at Haynes and it is not very clear on the derv disks, would hate to give you the wrong size.

Hope someone will come along who knows the size.

Hope its a simple fix on the turbo, doesnt sound a bad price for a rebuild.

just found these on ebay, gives front disk size

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-MG-ZS-TD...item4150981b4b

and rear

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-MG-ZR-ZS...item27ac34f7ff

but best to measure yours or ring and give your reg No. I,ve got a feeling I had 2 sets delivered before I got the right fronts and the rears were done at Nationwide.

Last edited by peterzs; 22-02-11 at 06:24 PM.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-11, 07:11 PM   #17
zsdave

the haynes is where i got confused zspete! thats the haynes manual for ya though :O)

i'll get some pics up asap
Old 22-02-11, 10:38 PM   #18
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Hi and welcome.

I would avoid drilled disks, they are prone to cracking, groved are noisy.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote