theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 14-09-13, 10:33 AM   #1
kev mocko

kev mocko is on a distinguished road
Hi folks

Hi folks nice to be on here again not been on in ages,Well after selling my last 180mk1 may now be getting another after 7months without one,I ended up setting up my own mobile valeting business like james raby off here did
,we keep in touch,as my business hasnt taken off as i expected it to with customers wanting a lot of work for the same price as the cheap & nasty £3.00 hand car washes so decided after the wedding time to call it a day n trade my combo van in and probs end up selling all my valeting equipment too.

Apart from what i want to keep to look after the car.Well im looking at a 2006/06 zs180mk2 saloon today one owner with 56k in blue but doesnt have the big spoiler on i like grrr,it looks nice but is this about right price 2k? it looks clean but i got a shock at how much 6 months road tax is i nearly fell over jesus £260.00 for six months,did they make them a little earlier under the normal tax price or are all the mk2s in that tax bracket? i still want the car but thats knocked me a little bit though,theyve said its had new belts and slave cylinder changed too,going to have a look at it shortly all being well,Will let you know guys.

Last edited by kev mocko; 14-09-13 at 10:35 AM.
kev mocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-13, 10:41 AM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Steer clear of anything registered from March 06, they fall into the higher tax bracket

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-13, 11:57 AM   #3
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
that was one of the main factors when going to see my mk2 couldent justify the difference in tax jump,bad enough paying the 154 for 6 months,never mind 260,but if thats what you want kev,as pete sayed,try get an earlier one,thats 106 pound saved every 6 months,and its the same car,just a wee bit older,good to see your getting things sorted aswell
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-13, 12:00 PM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I think it's about the 13th of March that the change is relevant from so some 06 plate 180s still fall into the cheaper bracket.

Shame about the business.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-13, 12:32 PM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Sorry to hear the valeting business didnt work out, quite a few doing it now and pushing down prices I expect.

Hope you get a good 180, some nice ones around at the moment, least you know what to look out for.

All the best in the hunt.

Old 14-09-13, 07:53 PM   #6
kev mocko

Hi folks i ended up getting this one the 2006reg,its nice think its what you call ignition blue? had one owner from new think its 58k miles,looks a pretty clean car just got the sagging rear bumper on drivers side is that an easy fix? and a small scuff on the front bumper,which with my experience will get that out and going to give the interior seats a really good valet,i pick it up on monday,gutted with the tax but il have to save up every six months,just i wanted to keep as new to what reg the van was which was an 07 reg to keep my dad happy too because he helped with funds towards the van so if i brought home a 51 reg for a 07 he would of probably fallen out with me so fingers crossed ive got a good one,
Old 14-09-13, 07:57 PM   #7
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
sounds good kev,it probably will be ignition blue,there are how to fix the rear sag etc on here,get some pics up buddy,you will be happy,well done
Old 14-09-13, 08:44 PM   #8
kev mocko

cheers andy im hoping there may be a meet due before crimbo somewhere or have i missed out now as were heading towards crimbo and winter again
Old 15-09-13, 01:09 PM   #9
andys1981

it looks a fairly easy job to fix the bumper sag,its something i have to get round to aswell,still have a crack in my bumper i will fix that first though
Old 16-09-13, 09:01 PM   #10
kev mocko

Hello well picked the car up drove it to work and back all seems well,im happy with it,its grinding gears when going in reverse only for some reason but its got a receipt for a new master cylinder and what not wether this has something to do with it im not sure but hopefully please say its not a big job as i never noticed on the test drive and car didnt come with a warranty as it was a straight trade in for my combo van i had,But other than that it seem really good,cant wait to give it a really good valet and detail now and touch the wheels up for now.The only thing i really want is an extreme spoiler for it it looks too bare without one ;-)