theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 04-12-14, 08:52 AM   #1
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
ZS180 Tax

Quick Question regarding tax on a ZS180

I assume that one or two of you have had your Yearly tax renewals through since 1st Oct 2014...

Please could you post up the Current prices for tax on a 180 for me? I'm getting things ready for Saturday and I just want to see what the cost is going to be, monthly preferably, for tax via Direct Debit

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 08:58 AM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Unless it is a 2006 model it'll be cheaper than the £525 I'm paying for the Disco! If the ZS is still taxed (and not SORN'd) when you collect it you won't need to sort taxing it until you get home. As far as the DVLA are concerned until they get the V5 form back informing them of change of ownership the car will still be taxed technically.

Good luck with the journey back south!
Old 04-12-14, 09:41 AM   #3
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Unless it is a 2006 model it'll be cheaper than the £525 I'm paying for the Disco! If the ZS is still taxed (and not SORN'd) when you collect it you won't need to sort taxing it until you get home. As far as the DVLA are concerned until they get the V5 form back informing them of change of ownership the car will still be taxed technically.

Good luck with the journey back south!
So far I've been pleasantly surprised with the cost of the insurance and as its an 04 the tax should only be the £275 (IIRC) mark... But I can't remember what that brakes down to in the monthly installments

Last edited by ZS; 04-12-14 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-12-14, 09:51 AM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Pretty sure its 5% on top for direct debit over 12 months.
Old 04-12-14, 09:53 AM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

Forgot to add, what mileage are you likely to do? Probably no good for you but I got a Peter Best policy for £138 fully comp with all my mods but that's with 5k per annum limit on the mileage. Yours being an 04 would qualify and you need to be an MG car club member.
Old 04-12-14, 10:22 AM   #6
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Forgot to add, what mileage are you likely to do? Probably no good for you but I got a Peter Best policy for £138 fully comp with all my mods but that's with 5k per annum limit on the mileage. Yours being an 04 would qualify and you need to be an MG car club member.
I've just picked up a similar policy for a smidge over £200 a year, for similar miliage.

I figured for the first few months its going to be mainly getting the bodywork sorted and 5k miles is 97 miles a week! so for a 3rd car (being used at weekends and shows only) that seems like a enough miles (Plus being 32 with 2 kids under 18 in the house that's a bloody good quote in my opinion) - I guess getting older does have some perks lol

Old 04-12-14, 12:53 PM   #7
shycho

shycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the rough
IIRC tax is £280 this year and works out to about £25.30 (ish) if paid monthly.
shycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 03:59 PM   #8
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Mine runs out at the end of the year and just received my renewal noticed yesterday. The costs are as follow:

6 months = £156.75
12 months = £285

6 months direct debit = £149.63
12 months direct debit = £285
Monthly Total spread over 12 monthly payments = £299.25
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 04:24 PM   #9
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post
Monthly Total spread over 12 monthly payments = £299.25
which would be £24.9375 except the round up the first month to get rid of the .0075.
Old 05-12-14, 09:17 AM   #10
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
These threads make me cry!