AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 21-01-10, 09:35 PM   #1
Kara

Kara is on a distinguished road
A few initial questions...

Hi everyone!

Well as a newbie I have a "few" questions and was hoping you lads & lasses would be kind enough to answer them. Apologies if this is in the wrong section... I'm still finding my way round the place but am eager to learn.

1) What are the "must-have" mods for a MK2 ZS?

2) Where are the best places for aftermarket parts & accessories?

3) What are the short falls of the ZS and what can I do to prevent them (HG has been done)?

3) I run a fair number of meets for F/TF owners so do you guys do those? If so are there any particularly famous/popular events that would be fun to attend?

4) Can you get blue leather seats?

5) What are the aftermarket exhaust options?

Think that's about it for now. Any help would be very kind.
Old 21-01-10, 09:40 PM   #2
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
To start with what engine you got a Kseries 1.6/1.8 or the Kv6 2.5?

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-10, 09:40 PM   #3
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
ehmm mods are what ye want really, it doesnt need much doing as theyre lovely looking cars as they are, they are mainly available on ebay tbh id get a set of fog lights for the front of yours, there are blue monaco seats available for them, but the hatch and saloon seats are different. where are ye based for meets. exhausts theres janspeed and xpower, scorpion do one, piper and you could always get a custom one mad up to whatever spec ya like, the mk1 exhaust is slightly different as its slightly longer but will still fit, dunno if ya have the heatshield for yer rear bumper already so you can fit the exhaust properly
Old 21-01-10, 09:48 PM   #4
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
From her other post, it's a ZS120 hatch.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-10, 09:50 PM   #5
Kara

Quote:
Sorry I should have said... Stevie's a 1.8

I'm less interested in exterior mods as I think the exterior is gorgeous and more interested in interior mods & engine mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchyp View Post
ehmm mods are what ye want really, it doesnt need much doing as theyre lovely looking cars as they are, they are mainly available on ebay tbh id get a set of fog lights for the front of yours, there are blue monaco seats available for them, but the hatch and saloon seats are different. where are ye based for meets. exhausts theres janspeed and xpower, scorpion do one, piper and you could always get a custom one mad up to whatever spec ya like, the mk1 exhaust is slightly different as its slightly longer but will still fit, dunno if ya have the heatshield for yer rear bumper already so you can fit the exhaust properly
Ooh I had a Janspeed with de-cat on my F... sounded awesome! Will definitely have to pick one up for the ZS then. Thanks hun!

Regarding meets I'm in the Brighton area. And he's a hatch btw.
Old 21-01-10, 10:05 PM   #6
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
1) What are the "must-have" mods for a MK2 ZS? Id recommend HIDs the MK2 headlights arnt the best, an air filter into the inner wing, other than that down to wallet, VVC inlet, 52tb, cams etc all the same kseries as the F/TF

2) Where are the best places for aftermarket parts & accessories? The best place would have to be ebay, forums or theres ptp

3) What are the short falls of the ZS and what can I do to prevent them (HG has been done)? Same as the F/TF look after it and check the coolant on a regular basis, the mk2 can have problems with soggy sounder which is a unit under the expansion tank that cause beeping/alarm at random times as water drips down in to it. Also may want to check the petrol tank as some of the cut back involved a lack of underproofing.

3) I run a fair number of meets for F/TF owners so do you guys do those? If so are there any particularly famous/popular events that would be fun to attend? Will depend where abouts you are there are a few southern pub meets also Kent area then theres the ones up north

4) Can you get blue leather seats? Not full leather but you can get the half leather monaco but as richy says the hatch and saloon are different

5) What are the aftermarket exhaust options? Janspeed/Piper/Powerflow/Blueflame or the custom route janspeed seems the most popular maybe because they made the xpower optional upgrade version

Think that's about it for now. Any help would be very kind.
Sounds like you are keen to make it your own

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-10, 10:22 PM   #7
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Hi and welcome

Brighton isn't too far, we're in Horsham.

The most popular mods are things like exhausts and manifolds etc, induction, sheddist clutch kit, rear headrests, citreon washer jets.

The jury is out over headlight bulbs, I've got philips blue vision, some go for the night breakers or for HIDs but these are proberbly illegal.

The 120+ and the 180 got half leather seats with colour coded leather or you can get alcentara. EMS have some replacment seat covers IIRC.

The only show I tend to go to is the MG saloon day arranged by the MGM group, it's normally in the midlands in July and open to all MGs (and Rovers).

Most of my bits come through eBay but there are places like EMS and motobuild and rimmers.
Old 21-01-10, 10:28 PM   #8
Kara

Quote:
Sounds like you are keen to make it your own
Thanks for the answers hun! I've got a 52mm tb on the F so will swap it over. Will have to wait for some more funds before I pick up a VVC inlet, will check the petrol tank... not heard of this "soggy sounder" before... is there a fix for it?

I've seen the blue monaco seats on ebay... they look good!

I'm big on personalizing my cars... normally I like exterior mods the most but the exterior of the ZS is so nice I don't think I'll bother other than sports exhaust, foggys & lowering.

Here's a couple of pics of my F:

So I'd say I'm definitely into "personal" :lol: She's a bit of a marmite car but I love her so it's all good. Will definitely miss her but the ZS is an excellent replacement imho.
Old 21-01-10, 10:32 PM   #9
grimmy

The only other problem i can think of is the Horn can get soaking wet and fail my mk2 is on it's 3rd
Old 21-01-10, 10:47 PM   #10
Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Hi and welcome

Brighton isn't too far, we're in Horsham.

The most popular mods are things like exhausts and manifolds etc, induction, sheddist clutch kit, rear headrests, citreon washer jets.

The jury is out over headlight bulbs, I've got philips blue vision, some go for the night breakers or for HIDs but these are proberbly illegal.

The 120+ and the 180 got half leather seats with colour coded leather or you can get alcentara. EMS have some replacment seat covers IIRC.

The only show I tend to go to is the MG saloon day arranged by the MGM group, it's normally in the midlands in July and open to all MGs (and Rovers).

Most of my bits come through eBay but there are places like EMS and motobuild and rimmers.
Hiya!

Ooh I'm actually moving up to Crawley next month so even closer to Horsham. (Jeez I hope that doesn't sound stalkerish! :lol: )

I think mine is the 120+ because it already has half leather seats & air conditioning. It's difficult... I only have one interior pic to go on at the mo which is this one:

I like the idea of rear head rests... easy mod? Do you find the philips blue bulbs make a big difference?

Thanks for your help!