theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-06-14, 05:53 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG ZS STE View Post
Take the ZS and show the top brass at longbeige what a proper MG should look like.

Seriously though id take my car, bum rape the 3s and 6s round the track for a few laps the have a blast in the 180. will make an interesting back to back comparison.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansligg View Post
Id opt for keep your car for show on the day and abuse theirs.... we all know the slightest stress on any MG causes problems!
Not this, you just been a bit unlucky (says he whose wife has just come home in her ZR160 with a smoking rear brake saying it doesn't feel or sound right, I pops the hood and the head gasket has gone big time).
Old 26-06-14, 06:00 PM   #12
Fred68

Fred68 has a spectacular aura aboutFred68 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSZRANDRF900 View Post
Fred, who owned the sunbeam? wasn't Mike Taylor's rally car was it ?
Was a friend of mine (Gavin) was almost 20 years ago now. He's just finished restoration of the body. The engine was built by QED to produce 240 BHP. It runs twin 48mm Dellorto carbs and electronic ignition. Old school by today's standards but with that much power in 1000 Kg's of RWD Sunbeam fitted with a works spec LSD, it really flew. I always wanted to see it on the quarter mile but sadly he never did that. We did a crude 0 to 60 run which was sub 6 seconds. She was one fast car. Still is but he doesn't run her hard now the body is so pristine.
Old 26-06-14, 07:48 PM   #13
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Right of one of their's will be great fun!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-14, 08:35 PM   #14
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
ZS, I couldn't go out on a track and not drive my own car. The ZS thrives out there, as long as you do the usual check of fluids etc there will be no problems in fact both mine felt better ............once the brakes had cooled lol
Old 27-06-14, 06:23 AM   #15
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
take the zs for a couple of easy laps and rag to death the others.

To be honest there bloody reliable on track
good advice from Ross there.

thats your car at end of day whilst others are there to be broken, thats there role in life lol.

enjoy taking the ZS round, be a good compare to the others.

trouble with track is they can bring the demon out and the short comings of road cars when put on a track, smell those burning brakes and tyres haha.

p.