theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-05-14, 11:10 AM   #1
ZSZRANDRF900

ZSZRANDRF900 has a spectacular aura aboutZSZRANDRF900 has a spectacular aura about
rear spoiler spliting

I was enjoying some high speed in my 180 on saturday, and noticed when i got home that the rear spoiler now has a crack in the centre. either this has been a botch repair done in the past or the spoiler material is starting to de-laminate in some way. its right in the centre, half way throught the spoiler span running paralel to the uper and lower surface. as if the spoiler generating down force has put a bending moment in the centre span. How do i get a photo on here?
ZSZRANDRF900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 11:19 AM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=104

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 11:50 AM   #3
ZSZRANDRF900

ZSZRANDRF900 has a spectacular aura aboutZSZRANDRF900 has a spectacular aura about
Cheers Pete, will try to get a couple of shots up this evening
Old 06-05-14, 09:05 PM   #4
ZSZRANDRF900

I think its here.
Old 06-05-14, 09:20 PM   #5
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
the spoiler is an ornament. there is negligible downforce generated by it and your car may well go faster with it removed.
Personally I think it has a use, its just the right height to butter bread on at the track for bacon butties!!!

Anyway, due to the manufacturing process (can't remember the techie name for it) which is basically a plastic formed inside a mould that is rotated through every axis and is made to approx 8-12mm thick, it will not be caused from the little downforce it may produce and highly unlikely to be manufacturing defect (I think I give it more downforce buttering the bread) but likely previous damage.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 11:05 PM   #6
Deckz

Deckz is on a distinguished road
Spoilers look well but a real pain to a see threw from the rear view morrow!!!
Deckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 04:48 AM   #7
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Has someone been using the spoiler to either open or shut the boot?

Time for a C/F wrap.
Old 07-05-14, 11:21 AM   #8
ZSZRANDRF900

dont know. only had it a month so not sure what happened to it before the last owner, Clive. ordered the C/F so will be sorting it via that route.
right about the height of it in the mirror though
Old 07-05-14, 11:49 AM   #9
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
What an opportunity. Ditch the middle bit now its finally failed and shape the end bits to look like batwings! Ive always wanted to do this myself but never had the guts.

Old 08-05-14, 11:26 AM   #10
ZSZRANDRF900

i love the way Stevie wonder gets to fill in his bored moments applying rear screen film. Keeps him of the street i Suppose.