theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 25-05-09, 08:39 AM   #11
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
some may say the zs is only worth 3k, as some have recentally sold for that. i personally beleive they are worth a grand more than that. i would estimate a max of £500 between the cars in your favour if im honest.

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-09, 08:55 AM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Well the ZT was the MG flagship, more refined and a new model whereas the ZS is not as refined and a bit long in the tooth as it has been around a very long time. So on paper a ZT-T is worth alot more than a ZS, is there a years difference between the two? If you compare both from new and the fact yours has extras and a £2k paintjob, then there is an £8k difference between the two when bought new.

The only thing relevant here is the price for change, are you happy with the deal on the table?
Old 25-05-09, 09:02 AM   #13
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Well the ZT was the MG flagship, more refined and a new model whereas the ZS is not as refined and a bit long in the tooth as it has been around a very long time. So on paper a ZT-T is worth alot more than a ZS, is there a years difference between the two? If you compare both from new and the fact yours has extras and a £2k paintjob, then there is an £8k difference between the two when bought new.

The only thing relevant here is the price for change, are you happy with the deal on the table?
We'll see what happens with regards changing. I've emailed the guy to get an idea of what he sees his car as being worth.

I get your point Stamford with regards initial costs. My car off the factory line must have been one of the most expensive made short of the V8's and SV's.

As for extras, my car's got the lot really. I said when I got it that I was impressed with the quality of the car, and how solidly it's put together. I got in it at 10.30pm after work yesterday for the drive home and it was a great run home. I was tired. I fired up the engine, turned on the xenons and HK stereo, stuck it in drive and simply cruised home.

Crazy really, but the ZS has something over it for me .... Character .... Out and out performance.

We'll see what happens, if he comes back with a tempting deal, we'd still need to get together and make sure that we were happy so we're still a long way off.

God ... I'm a nightmare !
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-09, 09:05 AM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Fact is Dan, you just weren't ready for a ZT

I love them, but I know if I changed my ZS for one I would be making a very big mistake. I would prefer to have the two, one for work in comfort and the other for raw fun!
Old 25-05-09, 09:07 AM   #15
Southside_ZS

Southside_ZS is on a distinguished road
I'd deffinatly say the ZT is worth alot more. As already said ZS's prices are all over the shop just lately. I've seen mk2 180's for as low as £2700 and i think the depreciation is only going to get worse. I mean look you can get 52 plate mk1 180's for £1500 now.

I'd deffinatly ask for money on top with that deal.
Southside_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-09, 09:52 AM   #16
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
i have seen a couple of 51-02 plate go for £600-£700

£1500 can get you a cracking low milage, good condition 180

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-09, 05:28 PM   #17
Southside_ZS

Southside_ZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
i have seen a couple of 51-02 plate go for £600-£700

£1500 can get you a cracking low milage, good condition 180
Exactly. There was a 51 plate 180 in midlands autotrader a couple of weeks back with 70k odd for £800
Southside_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-09, 05:36 PM   #18
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Deal offer came through ..... Basically he reckons his is worth £4,500 to £5K. It's on an "05" plate, but ain't worth that. He'd straight swap, but nah ... not for me.

The ZT-T will stay up for sale, and if it sells, I'm in no rush, then I'll get something cheap to blast around in until I actually start to grow up.

Cheers all.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-09, 06:22 PM   #19
stamford
Site Owner

His loss not yours Dan. As for growing up.........never!