theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 07-11-12, 07:21 PM   #31
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
I turned it form the windscreen to your face and I felt the cable pop off and the knobs just spins freely now so I know how to sort it, can you get them from the bottom then?? Or do you mean the ones to the heater flaps under the dash?
Ah, if the knob is spinning it has probably come off the back of the heater control panel, which will need the centre console removing to reach them

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 07:23 PM   #32
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
Yeah I thought id seen them in a 45 before, il get them fitted

Is that yours Pete?

If so where did you get the chrome rings? and also how come your centre console is black..? Mines grey and all scratched I fancy changing it or painting/wrapping it or something..
The rings came off ebay, the console I painted gloss Black along with the strip on the passenger side and the gear lever surround.

Old 07-11-12, 07:24 PM   #33
Chaz

Chaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Ah, if the knob is spinning it has probably come off the back of the heater control panel, which will need the centre console removing to reach them
Thats what I thought, lovely

I might get some black carbon effect wrap and wrap my centre console while its all out.. Its scratched to death..
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 07:34 PM   #34
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Be careful if you do the front passenger and drivers windows, we got pulled up in Scotland when we had a mid dark tint on the fronts. Were going to impound the car, unless we removed them at the side of the road. Couldnt get them off and in the end waved us on our way.

Got home and removed the fronts as we had scratched and damaged them. Tint guy said the only legal front tints is what they came out of the factory with.

Because the back is a dark tint, the fronts look tinted anyway.

Best check with the tint guys up your way. When I got my fronts removed there was a new Discovery, had the fronts done for a week and the police pulled him and told him to get them off. Thats down in Dorset.

Old 07-11-12, 07:45 PM   #35
Chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Be careful if you do the front passenger and drivers windows, we got pulled up in Scotland when we had a mid dark tint on the fronts. Were going to impound the car, unless we removed them at the side of the road. Couldnt get them off and in the end waved us on our way.

Got home and removed the fronts as we had scratched and damaged them. Tint guy said the only legal front tints is what they came out of the factory with.

Because the back is a dark tint, the fronts look tinted anyway.

Best check with the tint guys up your way. When I got my fronts removed there was a new Discovery, had the fronts done for a week and the police pulled him and told him to get them off. Thats down in Dorset.

Yeah the bloke who did my ZR said "You do realise the front limit is what they came out the factory with" I said " Yeah I know, just smoked on the front please " and he made me sign something lol..

I had limo tint on all 3 rear ones and the front two smoked, they wasnt mega dark but they were noticeable..

Iv never been pulled and iv had police walk round my ZR before and they never mentioned it, I dont think police care round here..

My mates got limo tint on all his windows on his fiesta and hes not been pulled yet..

I like the look of it so I think il risk it..

Only just bought the car so I think if I get pulled il say it came like it, they will check when I bought it and it will come up as me only owning it for a short period so I should be ok

If I get pulled in 6 months/12 months il be knackered
Old 07-11-12, 07:54 PM   #36
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

The Scottish police didnt like it, I saw the police car pass us and then did a U turn, then the blue lights. Put a measuring thing on the front 19.5 was the reading, anything below 20 is classified as dangerous.

3 points and £60 fine, I'm an oldie and I think they are so shocked that I'm not in my 20's it takes them back a bit. Always polite and helpful, think it makes a lot of difference as to how you get treated.

Been stopped 4 or 5 times in the yellow one, only car I have had so much attention, some of my own making I suppose!!!

Anyway sounds like you know the ins and outs, just didnt want you to go ahead without a bit of a warning.

Old 07-11-12, 08:00 PM   #37
Chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
The Scottish police didnt like it, I saw the police car pass us and then did a U turn, then the blue lights. Put a measuring thing on the front 19.5 was the reading, anything below 20 is classified as dangerous.

3 points and £60 fine, I'm an oldie and I think they are so shocked that I'm not in my 20's it takes them back a bit. Always polite and helpful, think it makes a lot of difference as to how you get treated.

Been stopped 4 or 5 times in the yellow one, only car I have had so much attention, some of my own making I suppose!!!

Anyway sounds like you know the ins and outs, just didnt want you to go ahead without a bit of a warning.

How do you get pulled so much?

Iv never been pulled in my life..

I dont think the police are too bothered round here, I do live out in the sticks though so I suppose that has something to do with it haha..
Old 07-11-12, 09:03 PM   #38
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
I stand corrected, maybe the MK2 has different splines to the MK1 or something? To be honest the ones I tried on a MK1 ZS were from my old ZR and were machined from solid aluminium (not genuine BRM ones) but fitted the ZR perfectly but not the ZS... Anyway Ill stop waffling, they clearly fit a MK2 and look great
Old 08-11-12, 12:48 PM   #39
Chaz

More goodies come this morning..

All my bulbs arrived...

And also my digi-mafam..

Differences in the headlights..

Driverside is obviously with the new bulbs..

Interior light.. Mega bright white..

Iv got matching bulbs for my TF mirror, just need to get it fitted..

Boot light.. Mega bright as well!

Fitted the aerial for my bee-sting one instead of the usual massive thing..

And also got my BRM knobs on, BUT they are backwards if that makes sense.. The pointers are pointing down instead of up, I guess there's no way round it, its just how they fit on the ZS? Or am I just being stupid and havn't done it properly?

I got the digi-mafam set up im using setting 1 as its a new maf anyway but its now responsive down low and the 115 flat spot seems nearly non-existent but I was wondering.. Whats the black switch for next to the mode switches?

Old 08-11-12, 02:50 PM   #40
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

My BRM knobs are the same, I've got used to them now.