theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 09-09-11, 02:21 PM   #21
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheelay View Post
Spend the profit on a nice weekend break. It might sweeten things!!
Good call .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 06:31 PM   #22
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I completely missed this thread.......

How does your mate have lots of spare time if he does 12 hour shifts? I do the best part of that every day when you include traveling and I don't have any spare time

Also I wonder if it took you a while to sell as you wern't pushing hard enough, hence why I didn't see the thread.

Where did you advertise?

12 months MOT helps to sell but did you need to tax it?

James
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 06:49 PM   #23
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I completely missed this thread.......

How does your mate have lots of spare time if he does 12 hour shifts? I do the best part of that every day when you include traveling and I don't have any spare time

Also I wonder if it took you a while to sell as you wern't pushing hard enough, hence why I didn't see the thread.

Where did you advertise?

12 months MOT helps to sell but did you need to tax it?

James
Spare time comes from doing 4 days on then 4 days off. Days and nights alternating. He's bored on his days off if they fall in the week.

It took a while because of the holidays I reckon and the adverts have to appeal to the type of buyer for the type of car. I tried ebay first and on reflection, a buyer for a good Rover 45 Auto is going to be an older gent or lady who aren't really going to be looking at Ebay. After a while I went with the local free paper. ?55 advert for a "hold til sold" so once that was done, all I had to do was ring up every Monday to re-advertise. I didn't push it a lot on here as I didn't really think anyone here would be interested to be honest.

Getting the tax helped, but I only got it so that I could park it on the road. The other thing about the tax was if it hadn't had any, a buyer could've asked how much it would be. When I tell them ?140 for 6 months, it may have put them off. As it is, the cost of the tax didn't even get a mention when it eventually was sold. 12 months MOT certainly helped because it shows an older buyer that it's been safety checked and that provides them with some reassurance.

Lessons would be to try and get a car in the first place with a couple of months of tax on it and advertise using a medium which a potential buyer may use.

Free local paper for a 45 Auto - Pistonheads for a Saxo ...
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote