theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-09-20, 01:34 PM   #11
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
way they all seem to be going.

Will not be many left to use the parts, soon.
Old 02-09-20, 02:15 PM   #12
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeZS96 View Post
Have just seen on face ache FE54 has been sold to be broken for parts.... Shame really looked a very nice car even if it did need a bit of work
It is a shame, but as stated above I have too many projects and am trying to save a deposit for a house before the one I am living in is buldozed for new builds...

FE54 I really wanted to get back on the road and into a good condition, but out of that one and the T16, I am afraid the T16 is the one I will keep and put money into, Shame to see it go to be broken, but unfortunetly with that back end it was inevitable, unless someone else had a body shop to be able to work on it!

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 11:32 PM   #13
gAZ

gAZ is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
It is a shame, but as stated above I have too many projects and am trying to save a deposit for a house before the one I am living in is buldozed for new builds...

FE54 I really wanted to get back on the road and into a good condition, but out of that one and the T16, I am afraid the T16 is the one I will keep and put money into, Shame to see it go to be broken, but unfortunetly with that back end it was inevitable, unless someone else had a body shop to be able to work on it!
How did that rusty rear end happen?
Old 03-09-20, 08:54 AM   #14
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by gAZ View Post
How did that rusty rear end happen?
Best we can work out, one of the first owners (first couple of years of the cars life) had a rear end that was repaired and then wasn't picked up by any subsequent owners.

Eventually the car made its way to the owner before I took it back and in their ownership the rear end started cracking, then when I got hold of it the plan was to remove all the filler from that repair and start again as it had blown in a few places (hence the cracking).

Whilst removing and chasing futher and further the filler it became obvious that the whole of the backend up to halfway over the rear doors was mainly filler, some stuck like toffee but some you tapped and sheets fell off.

The car was moved out of the booth to make way for paying customers cars, then pretty much due to one reason or another sat there for 18 months or so.

The rust is actually just surface rust and would come off with a quick sand, but really all that filler needed to come off before anything was done to the car.

If I had have kept it and I had the time etc, the plan was to completely strip the rear end (We would have got the air tools on to the job) and then protect, prime and repaint the whole car, probably in a faux monogram or similar. However with all the above reasons (and with T16 needing a lot of work) we decided to move the car on. Not an easy decision.

We also considered using the chassis as a base for T16's restore, but decided against that for the time being due to the house move.

All in all a shame FE54 has ended in the way it has, but hopefully she can help keep many more ZS's on the road going forward.

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 11:46 AM   #15
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
can only save so many and the T16 will be a better and more interesting project, plus the connection.

Good luck and keep us up to date with the restoration of the T16.
Old 06-09-20, 12:29 AM   #16
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
The gentleman who bought her from Sam told me he was going to use her as a track car but it seems that he planned to break her all along. Shame but it was his car.
Old 06-09-20, 01:23 PM   #17
Gott

Gott is on a distinguished road
The new buyer found it's full of filler, decided it's too far gone.

I've bought the suspension for my own ZS.
Old 06-09-20, 02:26 PM   #18
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gott View Post
The new buyer found it's full of filler, decided it's too far gone.
No, I realised it had some filler in the back wings - Sam who bought her back from me was aware that it need some rear body work and was prepared to do the work. He started stripping the filler but life got in the way. The latest owner who bought it from Sam decided to brake it before he even took delivery. The one thing I don't know is if the new buyer actually saw the car before he bought it.

Quote:
I've bought the suspension for my own ZS.
I don't know what is on there now, when I had it the suspension was all original.
Old 06-09-20, 02:36 PM   #19
Gott

Gott is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
No, I realised it had some filler in the back wings - Sam who bought her back from me was aware that it need some rear body work and was prepared to do the work. He started stripping the filler but life got in the way. The latest owner who bought it from Sam decided to brake it before he even took delivery. The one thing I don't know is if the new buyer actually saw the car before he bought it.

I don't know what is on there now, when I had it the suspension was all original.
Just been told the floor is rotten too. I imagine it was their plan to track it, the new owner used his own ZS for track.

Grabbed the Bilstein shocks & XPower springs - my ZS hit 150,000 miles this year... Think it's time for a suspension refresh haha!
Old 12-09-20, 05:57 PM   #20
talkingcars

Quote:
Just been told the floor is rotten too. I imagine it was their plan to track it, the new owner used his own ZS for track.

Grabbed the Bilstein shocks & XPower springs - my ZS hit 150,000 miles this year... Think it's time for a suspension refresh haha!
Unless it has changed a lot since I had it the usual point on the nearside jacking point could have done with a patch but the offside was done 3 years ago. The rest of the car was sound.

Gezza who bought it also said the the brakes were shot, the interior mouldy and a tyre had a flat spot. Surely the interior is irrelevant if you are stripping it to be a track car (he has sold the seats anyway so they can't have been that bad), while brakes and tyres are items service items you replace anyway.

He decided to break it for profit which is fair enough but saying he bought it as a track car is dishonest.