theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 05-04-18, 04:18 PM   #21
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie007 View Post
If I can get my hands on one then maybe. Do you get big gains from it?
I never got around to fitting it before I sold the car. Ended up selling the flywheel after the car had gone. Sam has covered what to expect from it and I believe Mick also has good words for fitting one!
Old 02-06-18, 08:17 PM   #22
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Just a quick update... due to a number of reasons and a house move unfortunately the ZS will be up for sale soon. It would have been great to keep her but any spare cash I have must now go on a house and that means selling the ZS. A tough decision, but a first house move is essential and it all happened so fast. If I could store her somewhere and go back in a few years that would be great, but I feel she should be out there on the road, not gathering dust!

I'm gutted as I have loved the car for the year and a half I've owned her and apart a small glitch after picking her up, she's been great Had a great run down the A1 the other day, the sound and acceleration is stunning. I will never tire of that V6 as it bursts into life. Ive spent nearly as much again in that time on parts, servicing and MOT's but worth every penny.
If anyone is interested then let me know before eBay calls.
MOT is due in August so will try and sell before then and a friend who has a lotus and caterham track car is potentially having some of the performance parts I bought so will go to good use! Shouldn't have too much of a problem shifting the eibach springs and strut braces.
Old 02-06-18, 08:26 PM   #23
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Shame but fully understand the reasons for doing so. I too had to sell a car to make a house move, hated it and still regret it today. It was my rare HSX Chevette twin cam I had at the time. I would love that zed back but I must stick with my faithful mk1! I have enough to do as it is.

Good luck and it will sell easily.
Old 02-06-18, 08:55 PM   #24
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Shame but fully understand the reasons for doing so. I too had to sell a car to make a house move, hated it and still regret it today. It was my rare HSX Chevette twin cam I had at the time. I would love that zed back but I must stick with my faithful mk1! I have enough to do as it is.

Good luck and it will sell easily.
Thanks Mick, I hope it goes to a enthusiast as its a superb car.
At 33, I need my own place and if I don't jump now then I could be renting forever. I'll regret it as soon as it goes as these are future classics and only appreciating in value. For a V6, its relatively cheap to run. Tax and insurance is only around 40 quid a month but maintenance and fuel would cripple me for the next few years, money that needs to go on a house.
Old 03-06-18, 02:37 PM   #25
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Wow - Didn't see that coming.

Hadn't you just sent it away to get a load of work done ... ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 11:54 AM   #26
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Sorry you've got to sell up - good luck with the house move/purchase!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 04:53 PM   #27
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
shame but needs must.
Old 12-06-18, 06:03 PM   #28
mattie007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Wow - Didn't see that coming.

Hadn't you just sent it away to get a load of work done ... ?
It was on the verge of having work done, but unfortunately not now. Just wish I could keep it stored somewhere for a few years.
Old 07-10-18, 01:55 PM   #29
mattie007

Now for sale, would love it to go to an enthusiast on here.
MOT passed last month
Old 07-10-18, 02:39 PM   #30
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
shame, good luck.