theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 22-12-10, 10:42 PM   #41
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Ive not had anything with firefox?!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-10, 11:10 PM   #42
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
What a night i have had went on XPF rarely go on there now and wish i hadn't (not had a problem here at all) next thing is i was shut out of all internet access and various programs and a program started running called "Anti virus Scan" and couldn't get rid of it, ended up having to format my PC

Has anyone heard of this program at all cant find any reference to anywhere on the net

Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-10, 06:26 AM   #43
Jem

Jem is on a distinguished road
Anti virus Scan=Very nasty virus-malware it infects so many parts of your computer,Its just easier to format,I had that last year twice in one week.

I do have a program now so if it ever happens again then i can run it to get rid of it,But as you found out you cant get acess to any other AV programes when you get that virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
How can I be so thirsty in the morning, when I drank so much last night?:
Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-10, 06:31 AM   #44
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Anti virus Scan=Very nasty virus-malware it infects so many parts of your computer,Its just easier to format,I had that last year twice in one week.

I do have a program now so if it ever happens again then i can run it to get rid of it,But as you found out you cant get acess to any other AV programes when you get that virus.
You can in safe mode...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-10, 06:38 AM   #45
Jem

Trust me you cant in safe mode,If you have what i had installed in my system i managed to get rid of alot in safe mode but that last part infected so much it was just better off to format.

Cant remember what it was actually called but it wouldn't let you run any anitvirus programes,If you used the net it wouldn't let you search for any solution if you put in words like virus programe delete. It was a nightmare.

Quote:
Old 23-12-10, 06:51 AM   #46
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Trust me you cant in safe mode,If you have what i had installed in my system i managed to get rid of alot in safe mode but that last part infected so much it was just better off to format.

Cant remember what it was actually called but it wouldn't let you run any anitvirus programes,If you used the net it wouldn't let you search for any solution if you put in words like virus programe delete. It was a nightmare.
Safe mode (or recovery console with command line anti-virus and malware removal tools) should only load up the basic windows components which will allow you to remove most threats.

The only threats that *in theory* can't be removed this way are ones that attack the hardware or windows files directly (yes some viruses actually damage hardware!)

By Far the best way to get rid of 99% of viruses is to get a mac or install Linux (Ubuntu or Fedora are good for beginners) instead of Windows - Thats what I have done on all but one computer and I don't get affected by malware or viruses (and yes everything I do in Windows I can do in Linux, including my games!)

As for this particular virus, my grandfather had it on his PC and I manually removed it using Safe mode, then changed his Anti-Virus products, been fine since.

Old 23-12-10, 07:02 AM   #47
Jem

Ill have to find out what the virus was called cant think of it right now,It wasn't the case of removing the virus it was what it had done to the registry.

Quote:
Old 23-12-10, 07:08 AM   #48
Jem

Paladin Antivirus was the name of the virus.

Quote:
Old 23-12-10, 07:35 AM   #49
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Ill have to find out what the virus was called cant think of it right now,It wasn't the case of removing the virus it was what it had done to the registry.
Yeah I had to manually edit the registry to clear it out

Now his machine takes daily backups of the registry so I can revert if needed easier.

Old 23-12-10, 07:42 AM   #50
Jem

I am my own worst enemey as i dont do system restores or anything like that,I think i should stop talking about this before something happens lol

Quote: