theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-06-14, 05:00 PM   #1
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

This is a two part argh....

The Zed was due his 6 month service today, so with the sky still blue (yes honest) i thought a quick spin round the lanes to warm up the oil and back to do service..............First argh.....the following new road sign has appeared in my part of the country, beware!!!!

What this now means is Im a Honda driver, or a woman .... and the national speed limit is 20mph............Plus I WILL slow down at every bend, and stop at every round about, when its empty!!!!!!

God I got home so frustrated, I was a hot as the engine oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then next bit, as per the other two pics. I jacked the Zed up, got all tools ready, undone the sump plug and emptied the oil, only for the heavens to open! SO left with a car I couldnt move. Had to sit in my garage for an hour until I could change the filter and put oil in.....

Last edited by daytona365; 13-11-16 at 12:26 PM.
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 05:07 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Hope after all that high speed driving, hope you got the oil up to temperature!!!!

I'm lazy and dont change the filter and have a sucker to suck out most of the oil.

Dont do high mileages and being a derv, the oil is black after the first drive!!

Change the filter after about 5 oil changes.

Old 07-06-14, 05:38 PM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I was going to finish off the yellow one today but the skys opened here as I was getting ready to go, as I needed to do some other things I didn't have time once it had stopped.

And Pete, Pete, Pete, you should know better - there are several stories on .org of filters that have failed due to rust after 18 months dumping all the oil in a few minutes! Even if you suck most of the oil you should do the filter
Old 07-06-14, 05:51 PM   #4
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Managed to get my oil and filter changed yesterday evening.
Think the last person was he-man considering the force it took to get sump plug and filter off!
I also hadn't done it in my ownership so probably hadn't been done for 20k so in with the diesel oil in for couple hundred miles and then change again for some proper fully synthetic stuff.

Now the rain has stopped, time to do the spark plugs!
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 06:14 PM   #5
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
I remember the first time I did mine on the ZS, I tried undoing the bolt that goes on the suspension, they are right next to each other......I undid it and wondered why no oil dripped as I undid it..........................never made the same mistake again. Love the fact that the filter on the V6 is so easy to get to, on my k-series rover you had to reach past the exhaust manifold (ouch)..
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 06:18 PM   #6
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona365 View Post
I remember the first time I did mine on the ZS, I tried undoing the bolt that goes on the suspension, they are right next to each other......I undid it and wondered why no oil dripped as I undid it..........................never made the same mistake again. Love the fact that the filter on the V6 is so easy to get to, on my k-series rover you had to reach past the exhaust manifold (ouch)..
Haha I noticed that and wasn't convinced I had the right bolt! I have my 1.4 to do in my ZR soon. They are a pain and are also sideways. I tip oil all over the place when I pre-fill them! Damn things.

My oil after only 30 miles with a new filter too.

Glad this is only a cleaning batch of oil and not the real deal which is going in next weekend!

Last edited by Skillen; 07-06-14 at 07:36 PM.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote