theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-05-14, 12:36 PM   #31
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
The black thing is the heater, if it's wet round it that's coming from the heater intake, despite the fact it may appear dry.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 05:50 PM   #32
deano9621

deano9621 is on a distinguished road
If its any help mate,my mk2 filler neck was rotten,and only today got a mint mk1 filler neck which almost looks new for only £12 from a scrapy,you will sort it all...stick with it and all will work out fine,ive had mine fir two month's now and it's starting to look good now....keep with it��
deano9621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 07:33 PM   #33
tallgeese

tallgeese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano9621 View Post
If its any help mate,my mk2 filler neck was rotten,and only today got a mint mk1 filler neck which almost looks new for only £12 from a scrapy,you will sort it all...stick with it and all will work out fine,ive had mine fir two month's now and it's starting to look good now....keep with it��

Cheers buddy, after sorting the boot leak im feeling better plus the garage managed to clear the faults and so far no more warning light and whats better they didnt charge me for doing it

FYI for all those who are interested the ebay dealer i bought the car from: gingergodder25 has switched to another account now and is called : harry25libby29, my advice dont buy from him

Last edited by tallgeese; 10-05-14 at 08:39 PM.
tallgeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 08:02 PM   #34
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgeese View Post
has anyone got a picture guide on the leak fix?
I did mine the other week after 10 years. The foam under the carpet on the passenger footwell was soaking. I used a cloth to soak up most of the water but it is still damp. The constant wet carpet made the car smells mouldy and damp. Waiting for good weather for a drying session.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 08:14 PM   #35
tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post
I did mine the other week after 10 years. The foam under the carpet on the passenger footwell was soaking. I used a cloth to soak up most of the water but it is still damp. The constant wet carpet made the car smells mouldy and damp. Waiting for good weather for a drying session.
Gunna need to dry my carpet too but really don't want to pull it out as it's a bit above my skill level 😖
Old 12-05-14, 09:31 AM   #36
tallgeese

New morning update, Checked the boot again today and found...... yes you guessed it more water. Looks to be coming in through the bumper bracket clips and from the rear light assembly

And aging the front passengers foot well is damp/wet but at least no puddle today. And as its forecasting rain for the next few day i am now fully stocked on kitchen towel

Now where to buy a good water pump from..........
Old 12-05-14, 09:34 AM   #37
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I got round the rear lights leaking by making 2 new gaskets from 3mm closed cell foam, and used plenty of silicone grease on the body where the lights fit, no more water in the boot

Old 12-05-14, 09:39 AM   #38
tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
I got round the rear lights leaking by making 2 new gaskets from 3mm closed cell foam, and used plenty of silicone grease on the body where the lights fit, no more water in the boot
Oh petet16 ill buy you a happy meal if you come and fix mine
Old 12-05-14, 10:55 AM   #39
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

lol, it's a shame your the other end of Wales.

Old 12-05-14, 10:56 AM   #40
tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
lol, it's a shame your the other end of Wales.
That's an easy problem to solve...... move to conwy