theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 16-07-08, 02:33 PM   #41
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Welcome Bob, you've certainly made an entrance, all goes over my head, but some good news, my diesel is back from the dead and goes almost like a 180 again (boost pipe fell off)
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-08, 02:50 PM   #42
SharronB

SharronB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
but some good news, my diesel is back from the dead and goes almost like a 180 again (boost pipe fell off)
Great news! I bet your pleased thats all it was!
SharronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-08, 02:51 PM   #43
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
Forums can't just be about being nicey-nice all the time and saying 'I agree' and 'lol' to everything. Sometimes constructive views and opinions have to be put forward and hand in hand with that will go negative views. We have to have negative views as Witnes$ states so that we can learn from them or other peoples experiances. I don't like this view and attitude that if something slightly worrying or negative is said that it has to be dealt with. By all means keep an eye on it but don't lock everything, team; you're a good bunch but lets not be trigger happy !
The very meaning of the word forum (Latin) is a medium for open discussion of subjects of public interest. How can we have open discussion if we are not allowed to air negative views and home-truths now and again ? I feel it is my duty that if someone has provided a service that is no more than a criminal activity masquarading as a legitimate business to inform the masses so no one else will be fleeced - surely this is in the ethos of the whole idea of having an online community ? ; to share with our fellow owners some sound advice. If one mans 'business' suffers from this then tough, learn how to be honest ! We all know he's a sore subject but unfortunatly he keeps poping back up and we mustn't let others be conned.
As for the age old rivalry between forums, it will always happen. XPF is the ultimate MGR website and i don't mean that in any offence to this site, it's just a simple truth ! However, sometimes it's the smaller communities like this and Sportscar-racing that have the greater appeal because the core user group is interacting with eachother on a near daily basis and wether we are a regular user or part of the admin/mods' team we all look out for eachother. It's for that reason why i prefer to do my posting here and spend my net time here. XPF is more for a quick browse now.
I would just like to make it clear to the admin/mods team that i'm not trying to be provocative here or stir anything up, all i'm doing is looking at things from both sides - how a regular user would see it and how a moderator would see it !
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-08, 03:00 PM   #44
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat C View Post
Forums can't just be about being nicey-nice all the time and saying 'I agree' and 'lol' to everything. Sometimes constructive views and opinions have to be put forward and hand in hand with that will go negative views. We have to have negative views as Witnes$ states so that we can learn from them or other peoples experiances. I don't like this view and attitude that if something slightly worrying or negative is said that it has to be dealt with. By all means keep an eye on it but don't lock everything, team; you're a good bunch but lets not be trigger happy !
The very meaning of the word forum (Latin) is a medium for open discussion of subjects of public interest. How can we have open discussion if we are not allowed to air negative views and home-truths now and again ? I feel it is my duty that if someone has provided a service that is no more than a criminal activity masquarading as a legitimate business to inform the masses so no one else will be fleeced - surely this is in the ethos of the whole idea of having an online community ? ; to share with our fellow owners some sound advice. If one mans 'business' suffers from this then tough, learn how to be honest ! We all know he's a sore subject but unfortunatly he keeps poping back up and we mustn't let others be conned.
As for the age old rivalry between forums, it will always happen. XPF is the ultimate MGR website and i don't mean that in any offence to this site, it's just a simple truth ! However, sometimes it's the smaller communities like this and Sportscar-racing that have the greater appeal because the core user group is interacting with eachother on a near daily basis and wether we are a regular user or part of the admin/mods' team we all look out for eachother. It's for that reason why i prefer to do my posting here and spend my net time here. XPF is more for a quick browse now.
I would just like to make it clear to the admin/mods team that i'm not trying to be provocative here or stir anything up, all i'm doing is looking at things from both sides - how a regular user would see it and how a moderator would see it !
I agree lol

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-08, 03:02 PM   #45
Mat C

Bl00dy comedian !
Old 16-07-08, 03:03 PM   #46
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharronB View Post
Great news! I bet your pleased thats all it was!
Most likely doing a wave by at Horam Inn trying to sound like your one didn't help, did you get to Duxford?
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-08, 03:12 PM   #47
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
I do agree with your point tho. Yes xpf has a greater wealth of info. If I cant find an answer to a problem I will search on xpf. We do see ourselves as a friendly community, with a laid back attitude to posts, but we are willing to disagree if we think something isnt right (as we proved recently ) We also have Kevg (aka the bulldog) who doesnt exactly hold back

I am a member of XPF ZSC .org themgzr and rovertech. My time is primarily spent on here obv and to some extent on thezr site as I have been a member there for years. Personally, I dont feel the same spirit on .org or XPF probs as I have never been a very active poster on those sites. I visit ZScentral almost daily also, but its not the busiest place.

I suppose I prefer the atmosphere here as its a closer knit community as we are newer and Its easy to keep track of the members and relate to them. We have a very high proportion of members who visit the site daily.

Its a good thing that there are so many MGR related sites cos thats what we are so interested in. I believe that we satisfy a need in the MGR community, if we didnt, we wouldnt be doing so well

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-08, 03:22 PM   #48
Mat C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 180 View Post
We also have Kevg (aka the bulldog) who doesnt exactly hold back

I suppose I prefer the atmosphere here as its a closer knit community. We have a very high proportion of members who visit the site daily.

Its a good thing that there are so many MGR related sites cos thats what we are so interested in. I believe that we satisfy a need in the MGR community, if we didnt, we wouldnt be doing so well
No one can accuse Kev of backing down - last weeks drama was better than settling down to watch a good film !

And yes, this site does have a strong core group with some excellent contributors - my car wouldn't be how it is today (brilliant in my opinion !) if it wasn't for the advice and tips from various members here !

And this site has become a force in it's own right. I'm a member of ZScentral but i can't stand it's layout - very messy - so i rarely ever use it. Luckily this site is 99% idiot free. Now and again one creeps through but as i've always said - if the world didn't have nutters it would be a very dull place !
Old 16-07-08, 03:53 PM   #49
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
why do all my threads end up like this

Id like to emphasis (sp?) i think XPF is a great site Has very good information about the ZS180

I fount the XPF site just as friendly as this one shame the mod team Minus Paul are twats

But i have nothing but bad things to say about .org £12 for a subscriptin when the site is constantly lagging and locking up

You tell Steve childs and he doesnt want to know
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-08, 04:04 PM   #50
Mat C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
shame the mod team Minus Paul are twats

I can't comment on that (appart from Paul is sound) as i don't personaly know them or have had any disputes with them. However, i do find it odd that one of their moderators has only 420 posts. How does this qualify him to be a moderator, understanding the users and how the site works ? A moderator should be someone who has made a big and regular contribution to the site, not just one of your mates ! That's how it used to be on XPF - if you was a big contributor to the site and went out of your way to assist with the running of things or organising events then you would be asked to represent the site - a moderator. That's the way, i'm glad to see, it works here

Last edited by Mat C; 16-07-08 at 04:06 PM.