theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-11-09, 04:23 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Got a job?? hmmmm

Well a while ago I applied for a job at Ikea, so didnt hear anything for ages then out the blue had a call and a phone interview, was later asked to come in for a proper interview on tues or weds cant remember, the night the forza was happening at 8. No problem I thought interview at 5 will have plenty of time.

So got there and after a quick presentation about the place and history etc...
Had to do a presention of my own about one of their products and how they can increase sales and so on, Then a 1 to 1 interview, sitting around whilst they interview the other 5 people applying for the job. Then finally a written assesment where we had to read a case study and write a few pages of what we would have done.

Got a call to go for a work shadow at 5, I assumed in the evening, turns out it was ment to be this morning. Then will have a weekend of inductions before I see a contract.

Wouldnt mind if it was for a decent job, would be stacking shelves for £6 poxy quid an hour. Is it really worth getting up at 4 in the morning on sat and sunday for £6ph to do 8hrs a week????

Think I may just never show my face again

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 04:25 PM   #2
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Well a while ago I applied for a job at Ikea, so didnt hear anything for ages then out the blue had a call and a phone interview, was later asked to come in for a proper interview on tues or weds cant remember, the night the forza was happening at 8. No problem I thought interview at 5 will have plenty of time.

Had to do a presention of my own about one of their products and how they can increase sales and so on, Then a 1 to 1 interview, sitting around whilst they interview the other 5 people applying for the job. Then finally a written assesment where we had to read a case study and write a few pages of what we would have done.

Got a call to go for a work shadow at 5, I assumed in the evening, turns out it was ment to be this morning. Then will have a weekend of inductions before I see a contract.

Wouldnt mind if it was for a decent job, would be stacking shelves for £6 poxy quid an hour. Is it really worth getting up at 4 in the morning on sat and sunday for £6ph to do 8hrs a week????

IMO beggars cant be choosers id be a bit miffed about gettin up at 4am for that but hey
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 04:28 PM   #3
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
IMO beggars cant be choosers id be a bit miffed about gettin up at 4am for that but hey
Well yer in this current market feel bad turning a job down the other option I have is I finish uni for xmas on the 18th go back home and get a job in the workshop I worked at before uni for £10 cash in hand??? Or just keep looking.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 27-11-09, 04:31 PM   #4
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well yer in this current market feel bad turning a job down the other option I have is I finish uni for xmas on the 18th go back home and get a job in the workshop I worked at before uni for £10 cash in hand??? Or just keep looking.
keep looking mate
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 04:46 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
If that is all they are paying and you have to do all of those assessments then I would have told them where to stick it! I did the same many years ago after going for an engineering job at a well known firm. I had to do all of these tests for a whole morning only to be told that it did not mean I was getting an interview! I said thanks for wasting my time, if that's how you treat future employees then I don't want to work for you.
Old 27-11-09, 04:58 PM   #6
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Yer well I nearly walked out half way throught the interview when I realised I was going to miss the Forza race! lol

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 27-11-09, 05:26 PM   #7
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I think the problem is that they have a large pool of people to chose from, so they make you jump through as many hoops as they like, it seems very extreme for a p/t job paying £6.00 per hr, are you sure they weren't interviewing you for Western Europe chief exec
petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 06:07 PM   #8
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:

jay

do you do sales?

what experience do you have?
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 06:10 PM   #9
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
jay

do you do sales?

what experience do you have?
Nothing in retail, Only got 4years at various Bars and the 3yrs furniture design.
Think Im going to just keep looking for something else

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 27-11-09, 06:21 PM   #10
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
get into sales!!! its not the easyest but i am in sales

when i was 18 i was in the car industry, by 19 i was selling cars 10k basic, 30k a year, 4 months later i left, then got into capital equipment, diggers etc, and after beind made reduadant at jcb im not at another dealer/brand on over 30k basic and 45-50k a year.

i blaged where i am, and where i am is good!!!! make a statment in life tis what i did and it all came to good in the end

edit.

i ad, i get a company car, a fuel car for personal and work, a company credit car with a 2k limit, a phone and laptop with mobile internet.

its a great industry!!

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 27-11-09 at 06:26 PM.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote