theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 18-08-10, 04:01 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
How much!!!

Been trying to insure the missus car today, her step dad has sorted out everything for her before but now the car is in her name she feels she should be the main driver....having been a named driver for the last 5 years

So some how now I get dumped with the job of insuring it
Been on the getting online quotes and calling round today all and best I could get was ?721
All the places id normanlly try require at least 1yr ncb or are speciallist modified places.

Now its for a 59 plate suziki swift 1.3 shes 23 and 0ncb. Was ?990 until I added myself as a named driver but still ?700 for a 1.3

Its hardly like she a high risk driver the car barely gets about 4krpm

2012 BMW 320d Sport

Last edited by Jay-ZS+; 18-08-10 at 04:05 PM.
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-10, 05:48 PM   #2
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
yeah is murder for the first few years...

my 1.3 belmot at the ripe old age of 18 cost ?1500 - car was worth maybe 500 if you were really lucky and found an 'enthusiast' who wanted one. slim to none i would give odds of that one

mate of mine got the swift sport... 120bhp and it seems to be quite nippy.... tho slower than my car i would wager
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-10, 05:52 PM   #3
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Try adding your/her mum as a named driver, that usually brings it down (also try taking yourself off if you add them, too).

Other than, even though the car is in her name, is she actually the main driver? If not, just insure as norm with her stepdad but make sure you go somewhere that gives the named drivers their own no claims.
Old 18-08-10, 06:05 PM   #4
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Trouble is her mum only passed her test this year plus now we live in Bristol I'm tring to persuade her it isn't wise that her step dad is the main driver when he lives an hour away!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-10, 10:34 AM   #5
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
if the drivers are not close enough together that the car can easily be shared the insurance people see it as 'fronting' and if you have an accident would try to wheele out paying with that as the clause.

you tried quick fit - were dirt cheap for the GF comparired to any-one else.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-10, 11:42 AM   #6
Huffy

Huffy is on a distinguished road
Sell the swift and buy a scirroco, mk2 get classic insurance and jirb done .... mine is insured at a measly sum of ?150 with a limit of 8k miles a year!! adding additional drivers increases the cost but not by much. my bro had 9 points at the age of 24 and they charged me ?75 to add him!

MONTY

MK2 ZS160d+ SDi A Kind of Magic, Puff of smoke and I'm gone!

Engine - SDI, Kestrel Kevlar Clutch & Lightened Fly wheel, AAS De-Cat, Rover Ron MAf,
Cotton Green K4.80 Air filter, Roose Motorsport Turbo Pipes. Custom Stainless Turbo Outlet, AAS Full Stainless custom Exhaust!

Toyo Proxie t1R's, Front and Rear ZS 180 Brakes, Drilled & Grooved Disks, Mintex Pads. Moto-Build Springs

ICE - Sony BTX3600u Head, Bluetooth ODBII, Android Torque App. Forza USB!

30psi Boost Gague

MGZS TsDi :Smoke if you've got one!!!

157bhp / 242 ft/lb
Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-10, 12:28 PM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Out of interest who insures the Scirocco? My daughter is shopping about for new cover and classic cover is hard to find, according to her.