AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-06-11, 11:34 PM   #11
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
not just you, the expensive dual mass flywheel gets blown to bits too. And then theres the extremely expensive, coded injectors - I wonder how many miles you need to do in a diesel to offset the cost of a new dual mass flywheel and a new set of coded injectors? As the Ford TDCI engines are now aging, I hear more and more of these issues cropping up. False economy perhaps?
Im getting cynical in my old age, Ive obviously been spending too much time on .org lol.
Some say MG's are not reliable... But certainly cheaper to fix. And I wouldn't say less reliable than any ford out there...
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 11:37 PM   #12
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
not just you, the expensive dual mass flywheel gets blown to bits too. And then theres the extremely expensive, coded injectors - I wonder how many miles you need to do in a diesel to offset the cost of a new dual mass flywheel and a new set of coded injectors? As the Ford TDCI engines are now aging, I hear more and more of these issues cropping up. False economy perhaps?
Im getting cynical in my old age, Ive obviously been spending too much time on .org lol.
6 hrs labour for the dual mass plus the parts think ?400 for the flywheel, plus they usually take out the started too lol, mileage depends think 70,000 is the usual mark,
the mondeo diesels injection system usually fails when the lift pump fails sending swarf through the system

off topic slightly but theres about to be a major major amount of recall work going on on the mazda 6 2.2 diesel, timing chains stretching and thats on cars with 4000miles...like vast majority of the 6's are the diesels lol
Old 07-06-11, 07:31 AM   #13
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
The small cars of yesterday are the mid-size today. Manufacturers are introducing another car into the range as the small car. I cannot believe the size of the new Astra, how big is that! Each time they get heavier, carry more electronics and SRS systems, no wonder they are slow. We are now cocooned in a safety cell with too many creature comforts and its starting to take away the driving element leaving us somewhat aloof from the real world. Cars that brake for us, park for us, what's next, autopilot?
Old 07-06-11, 07:39 AM   #14
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
A mate of mine has just bought a Astra 1.6 180bhp Turbo. I was expecting near ZS V6 performance but it felt similar to my 120! What's that all about?!
To top it off he's getting 28mpg!
Old 07-06-11, 09:49 AM   #15
zsserbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie007 View Post
A mate of mine has just bought a Astra 1.6 180bhp Turbo. I was expecting near ZS V6 performance but it felt similar to my 120! What's that all about?!
To top it off he's getting 28mpg!
No replacement for displacement, that's what it's all about.

Carol Shelby once said, "Horsepower sells the car, but the torque wins the race!"
Old 07-06-11, 10:53 AM   #16
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Maybe Stamford can help on this one, back in the 1950's Rover brought out a freewheel system.

Never could work out how it worked, but its sounds like the 1st Generation Kers system.

Never took off and dropped by Rover, so I suppose that says it all.

It has always been one of those things you hear about and sticks in the mind.

Old 07-06-11, 10:58 AM   #17
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I wasn't born then Peter!

Maybe they did do something, don't recall it.
Old 07-06-11, 11:00 AM   #18
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Old 07-06-11, 11:08 AM   #19
zsserbia

1st generation KERS system is to be found in toy cars lol

So versatile and runs perfectly, just fit it in to any toy car. High speed flywheel holds a lot of momentum...
Old 07-06-11, 11:15 AM   #20
zsserbia

If we finally let the kids to use their imagination, the world could be a better place for all of us