theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-11-15, 05:15 PM   #1
zsarama

zsarama is on a distinguished road
Belt change worth it?

Having just bought another zs I'm now looking at selling the 180 as is, would it be worth while spending £100+ changing the belts purely to help the sale?
zsarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-15, 05:30 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Hi and welcome to the forum

Would you be doing the belts yourself?
Parts alone are over £100.
You will pay a lot more for the labour.

But to answer your question, yes the car will sell much more easily with the belts done and you should get a better price as well.

James
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-15, 06:52 PM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

yep agree with James.

Old 19-11-15, 09:04 PM   #4
zsarama

zsarama is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys, yer would be doing myself (know someone with experience + tools) so it would just be the price of parts. It's heart breaking to see how cheap some 180's go for and tbh I would rather park it up & cover over rather than sell it for peanuts. The sale all depends on the Mrs really, she's complaining about the cost of running a 180 so I found a nice 5 door td to try but apparently it's "like a tank" lol. Might keep the td myself as a winter car and park my ztt 190 if she doesn't get used to it.
zsarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-15, 09:26 PM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Welcome to the site.

Worth it for sure if you can do it for less than £500 which is what most places would charge for it. Issue you'd have is proving it had been done, so if I were you, I'd keep a receipt for the parts and then keep some photos of the work as it's done.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-15, 10:35 PM   #6
mattyprice4004

mattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura about
We have the full kit starting from under £130 - if you can do it yourself, you'll get a fair bit more than not having them done.

KV6 Cambelt Kits - All Models
mattyprice4004 is offline   Reply With Quote