theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 17-11-09, 12:01 PM   #1
garymgzs180

garymgzs180 is on a distinguished road
my zs supercharged back on the road

hi everyone. here is my 2005 saloon. i got a sprintex supercharger for it back in june but got it back on the road in september. had a few problems and modifications to do but it is all running ok now. it has done 2030 miles since without a worry and was rolling roaded at 238bhp and 200lbft of torque in sept. i have since added programmed water/methanol injection which has allowed me to advance the ignition timing further without pinking. i have also made a few adjustments to the camshaft timing with the aid of some vernier pullies. this has has removed some of the valve overlap and given me 1psi boost more. now running at 5 psi. so i will soon get it rolling roaded again to see what the gains are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 091709_132026.jpg (62.3 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg 091709_131957.jpg (89.1 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg phone pics 041.jpg (84.4 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (96.9 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0407.jpg (97.3 KB, 236 views)
garymgzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-09, 12:19 PM   #2
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
hi mate,

looks good, i also have a supercharged zs, probably the longest ongoing, since 2005. had a fair share of issues mind you.

just so you know they run 5psi as std.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-09, 01:55 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
It's been a fair while! Sounds like it is sorted now then. Where in Hants are you? You never told us last time.
Old 17-11-09, 02:39 PM   #4
garymgzs180

garymgzs180 is on a distinguished road
im in bordon near farnham. are you guys local. how many miles has your supercharged zs done with the cgarger on. what power output is yours.
garymgzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-09, 03:53 PM   #5
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
nice man! we need more pioneers like you no moanin...nothing is ever a problem....and hey presto the job gets done! successfully! well done mate, top job

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-09, 04:14 PM   #6
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymgzs180 View Post
im in bordon near farnham. are you guys local. how many miles has your supercharged zs done with the cgarger on. what power output is yours.
hi mate

mine ran 266bhp 2 years ago.

done 40odd k quite a lot of miles, but had all the trouble, my car really has been the test car for the past 4 years.

2 engine rebuilds
screw units suplied by sprintex packing up
i know you have had the bearings changed, your oil feed is different, i would be slightly concerned as you need to keep the gears cool on the charger, and oil is what does that, also lubricated, im not sure where your outlet is, but left for a day or two is drains away.
i say this as i had the gears get hot, it melts the plastic spider and then the chargers screws lose there timing and basicly wedge themself into the casing

i hope you dont have problems, i never went down the water injection route, but along with lots of other stuff i am considering it.

there is a lot to go wrong, yours looks good, i just dont trust the supplied ecu. somthing to bear in mind if i was you

good luck with it though, we should meet up one day

Ross

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 17-11-09 at 04:58 PM.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-09, 06:05 PM   #7
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Hats off to both of you for going the Supercharged route, have to take them both up to Santa Pod, Run what yer brung, be interesting to see the times and end speeds.

Old 17-11-09, 06:46 PM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymgzs180 View Post
Small world, but never seen your ZS! I drive through Bordon every workday as I work in Ash Vale. I live in Cowplain, just outside Portsmouth. You won't be seeing my zed as it is sorn'd for a while.
Old 17-11-09, 06:48 PM   #9
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Looks great mate tempted by the sc one on ebay

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-09, 08:29 PM   #10
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Suppercharging has to be the way to go with a Vee, shame it isn't just a bolt on mod.