AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 17-03-14, 07:33 AM   #31
chris01

chris01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post
I don't think that's got vis issues, if it did the graph would be more inconsistent. Got to remember also many zs will only be pushing 160-170 standard, with those mods brining it up higher to 180, sounds about right in my opinion. Do you know what the bhp @ wheels was? That's a easier way of seeing proper results and issues as the calculated an vary from one place to another
the power at the wheels was 152.8....i had rolled when i first got as completly standard and it made 175 bhp...i then had it rolled again after fitting a cat back only and it made 182bhp and the iv just had it done this time where iv added decat and induction so i was expecting a bit more than the last time, not a massive improvement but 186-188 would of been nice ...torque hasnt really changed regardless of mods?
chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-14, 09:09 AM   #32
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
To be fair, the losses you are expecting (all things being equal on the dyno and assuming the mods actually are making a difference) could be down to needing a good service.
Old 17-03-14, 10:14 AM   #33
chris01

It had a major service roughly 2 months ago including all the belts, literally everything was changed even right down to gearbox oil
Old 17-03-14, 10:31 AM   #34
chris01

Maybe i was just expecting to much from the old girl lol
Old 17-03-14, 05:58 PM   #35
chris01

So the next question is..is 200bhp within reach just from a remap??
Old 17-03-14, 06:11 PM   #36
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
I'm with Dan, I would expect a bit more with the mods you have. Worth a check of your VIS regardless tbh, I couldn't tell you by the graph in they are working or not but definately worth a check before any remapping.
200 should be in easy reach, you should just be closer to it than you are IMO. Only go for a remap if your not planning any more engine mods
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-14, 06:32 PM   #37
chris01

Whats the best way to check the vis and if they werent working whats the best way to tell i.e watching how the revs pick up etc??
Old 17-03-14, 08:06 PM   #38
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
You should feel an extra little push at about 3.2k revs and another near 4k iirc, shouldn't be to sluggish from low revs. Could even be worth just whipping em off, checking solder etc. my power VIS showed up as a problem on my VIS indicators a couple of months ago, what sorted it was just a take apart, lube and reassemble. Easiest way of course is to use the site tester but in the interim I would do the above.
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-14, 08:27 PM   #39
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris01 View Post
Whats the best way to check the vis and if they werent working whats the best way to tell i.e watching how the revs pick up etc??

As mentioned by Dan before, join this site as a member for £5. Then you will have access to a VIS tester. The tester will test both your VIS motors without needing the engine running. This will give you a conclusive answer whether you are having VIS issues or not.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=19882
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-14, 08:43 PM   #40
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
your vis are fine, perfect linear graph proves that , ive seen plenty failed vis graphs and they are nothing like yours.
Your power is fair, maybe a tiny bit low, it could be 185-190 max but every roller reads different, try more rollers and you will get more different numbers.
You have a very healthy graph so stop worrying, i ragged mine on track for thousands of miles on standard mapping with more mods and nothing ever went bang.