theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 13-05-10, 11:14 AM   #41
Tom163

Tom163 is on a distinguished road
Update-

Done a bit since last update. Received my Inlet Manifold after 5 week wait. Planning to fit it later in the build along with a VVC head and a nice 52mm TB hopefully.

I also recived my EBC vented discs and Jurid brake pads for a bargin price and also a set of calipers and carriers from a MG ZS 180 to upgrade my car from solid 262's to vented 282mm brakes.

And all fitted and Hammerited in Lotus Yellow (not to everyones taste)

Comming down from higher speeds is ace but braking from 30/40 it feels a bit spongy so think I may have to bleed again even though i did it and renewed the fluid at the same time as fitting lol.

Cheers
Tom
Tom163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-10, 11:17 AM   #42
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Looking good tom like the yellow with the blue looks good. The brakes will take a while to bed in.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-10, 01:13 PM   #43
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Was just going to say - give the brakes a chance to bed in.

It might also be the EBC disks, as i also think they are bit 'soft' when stopping from slow speeds but are fine under hard braking when pressing on a bit *shrugs*
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-10, 02:58 PM   #44
gsinclairzs

gsinclairzs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom163 View Post
I thought this time as the project is still new i'd put up a proper progress thread so I can update it every time something happens. I will also be doing video updates through my Youtube through the link in my sig. Anyway here goes....

Picked the car up about 2 weeks ago completely stock with a genuine 24,000 miles on the clock from new. It was made in 2005 but registered on a 54 plate for reasons unknown. The car has the Rover K series 1.6 (108HP) engine as stock and the owner from new added the optional extras of the factory fitted bodykit, Cat 1 alarm and Kenwood audio upgrade...but left out electric windows lol.

The car is mint apart from a few paintwork niggles (been used as a city car), there is some light scuffs and scratches but nothing that can't be removed. Engine wise healthy as the day it came from the factory and the same for the interior of the car.

My goal for this project it to have a fast-road car and also a car that can compete on occasional track days without looking to foolish. I have estimated the final figures of running about 140 BHP and not sure on torque figures just yet also those figures will be achieved without moving from N/A tuning or uprating the liter of the engine from a 1.6. Just yet.

Here are some pictures of how the car stands completely stock-

So thats how it stands at the minute! ready for modding!

Lovely looking car! Like the colour.

2004 ZS120+
Lowered (30mm Moto-builds)
Fog Lamps
MK 1 Door cards
MK 1 Sill plates
Rear Headrests
180 Body-kit
11 Spokes
Extreme & Lip Spoilers
Drilled & Grooved Discs, Front & Rear
K&N Filter Panel
Lotus Cam Cover
Chrome Dial & Heater Rings
gsinclairzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-10, 04:00 PM   #45
Tom163

Thanks all for the comments, I think the brakes are getting slowly getting better....just a thought, when I was putting the pads into the carriers they were very stiff and took quite abit of effort to get them in. Is that normal or should they be able to move freely when seated in the carriers?

Cheers
Tom
Old 13-05-10, 04:12 PM   #46
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Bit of copper grease should slide in although can be quite stiff if theyve been painted.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 13-05-10, 05:45 PM   #47
Tom163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Bit of copper grease should slide in although can be quite stiff if theyve been painted.
Wont cause any problems with them being stiff will it dude?

Can't hear any noises coming from them just a little paranoid.
Old 13-05-10, 05:54 PM   #48
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

I did exactly the same with my 120 when I got 180 brakes, Painted them and the pads were stiff, so Dave ground the pads down very slightly to loosen them up. Just on the edge where they slot into the caliper.

As long as the pads can slide within the caliper will be alright, otherwise could stick in worse case

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 13-05-10, 06:59 PM   #49
Tom163

Not had any sticking just wondered if that could be causing the spongy feel if the piston is taking longer to reach the pads if they are stiff in the carrier.
Old 13-07-10, 07:49 AM   #50
coreygraham180
Lean, Mean and Green

coreygraham180 will become famous soon enough
if you don't mind me asking do have a running total and what effect it has had on mpg..... just that i am 17 and if u do get the 140 bhp might do a verrry similar project /???

plus a starter button ...lol

Quote:
Speeding has never killed anyone.........suddenly becoming stationary kills you.....Quickly
2010 Forza 3 OBTCC Table 2 Champion
coreygraham180 is offline   Reply With Quote