theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 17-01-09, 11:50 PM   #21
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
ohh long story....

the big black plumes are over fueling - i got a set of very hardcore injectors and then realised i could not fit them without doing some protecting work first...

so spoke to matt and got the gearbox bearings uprated and a quaife fitted along with custom clutch hydraulics to cope with a groupe N cerametalic helix clutch i asked to be fitted (or one that could cope with around 300lbs-ft torque)...
bolted on a hybrid turbo and gave it a bit of a run...

I dropped it back with Matt to get a custom FMIC done and investigate why i was loosing coolant... toooke about 2 weeks for this to show up..

Over on .org a big debate was started and it appeared that there were a number of us with recent remaps and fuel icreases with different injectors that was too much for the HG, and it the pressures involved were lifting the head - hence the HGF.

so matt got it apart yesterday and it is showing all the sign of overheating and movement and generally rather sorry for itself....

so we are going to try to wire ring the head, fit some ARP head studs in the attempt to clamp it all down properly.. then i can make the most of the pre work mods i did to the car to cope with the injectors i bought...

as a note what did you think of the sound of it?
it has a custom down pipe (not quite fitting properly) and unique backbox (only 5 ever made)

i am glad you did not look too close at the paintwork at the front and the soot on the back end tho
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-09, 05:03 PM   #22
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Sounded quite beasty and that was while I was still in my car!

Hope it all gets sorted. If anyone can sort it, Matt can!
Old 18-01-09, 06:56 PM   #23
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks

yeah, i have every faith in Matt it is just frustrating that it has proved to be such a pain in the ass to get as far as we have got to...

The end is in sight though and i am hoping to get it sorted by the end of the month then back on some rollers and finally on the track
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote