theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 25-07-15, 06:06 PM   #41
BRMFUN

BRMFUN is on a distinguished road
For constructive dismissal to work there has to be a funamental breach of contract! Ask yourself if that's the case, it will need to be cast iron to win! If your being made redundant a fundamental breach for example would be someone else already employed to do your exact job!
MG ZTT 135
MGB GT 1973 original automatic
BRMFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-15, 07:49 PM   #42
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMFUN View Post
For constructive dismissal to work there has to be a funamental breach of contract! Ask yourself if that's the case, it will need to be cast iron to win! If your being made redundant a fundamental breach for example would be someone else already employed to do your exact job!
Who is this aimed at as I haven't mentioned constructive dismissal?

I am looking at a breach of my rights in the selection process which sits in the unfair dismissal section of the case. ACAS have said I have enough to take this further. With the employee who was let off due to being on meds in case it stressed her out is discrimination. Also found that some redundant employees are getting a different deal so no continuity there.
Old 25-07-15, 09:12 PM   #43
BRMFUN

BRMFUN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
If you are brave. jaorten, you could have handed in your resignation and then gone to Tribunal under Constructive Dismissal.
Pleased Your case sounds better than constructive dismissal!!
MG ZTT 135
MGB GT 1973 original automatic
BRMFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-15, 11:23 AM   #44
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Oh well that's it. Taken voluntary redundancy in order to squeeze some more monies out of them. Last official day is 25th September as have an 8 week notice period. Then I get the pay-off or kick in the nuts as it is the capped minimum plus a slight enhancement.

I must be honest and say I feel relieved as I cannot see much future left in the place, too many key people going this time leaving a fragile team behind and no work coming in. There will be more to come I am sure before the locks get changed! Quite how I am going to get through this 8 week period is interesting as I don't have the work or motivation now, told them that straight. Just found out this Windows install doesn't have any games loaded!

Job hunting starts in anger now, so my time here will be on job sites and letting my network of contacts know! Plan is to get a job lined up before the 8 weeks are up so the redundancy money is like christmas come early, otherwise it is a back-up plan and would be like having another 3 months pay.
Old 31-07-15, 11:39 AM   #45
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Could always invest in my zs breaking and saving business

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-15, 11:47 AM   #46
stamford
Site Owner

I must resist any temptation to look at cars until I have a job offer lined up! The wife needs a change as the MGF is getting on a bit and needs some money thrown at it, so that may be going in the near future. If I had the space I would keep it and work on it.
Old 31-07-15, 12:44 PM   #47
splinter

splinter has a spectacular aura aboutsplinter has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to read this mate. At least you now know where you stand and can start searching in earnest on company time and WiFi.
Hope it all works out for you as I'm sure it will with all your experience
splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-15, 02:18 PM   #48
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Sorry to read this Mick im sure a man with your many talents will be snapped up quick!

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-15, 03:57 PM   #49
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear, but in one way its a relief that you now know what's going on and can plan accordingly.

Plenty of job interviews to line up between now and September.

Dont forget you are entitled to any unused holiday pay, as well as the redundancy payment.
Old 31-07-15, 08:35 PM   #50
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear this Mick redundancy is horrible to go through. fingers crossed as I got my current job after redundancy and it's the best job I've had