theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 11-08-13, 01:09 PM   #201
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
quick update...

After mating the brembodge kit up (see other thread) there were a few issues with the bracket supplied that needed correcting, and so I am getting something made up to meet matt's requirements... Stronger material and slightly different fasteners and threading as a very brief summary.

The suspension has been fitted and is settling down - the spring rates noted so if I want to go progressive later I can easily work out the best way to tweak the setup...

A rather vague comment from Matt yesterday about some porsche parts being added to the car - and a partial rebuild of the rear end.... No idea about that but I wonder if there will be anything apart from the interior and the shell itself that is the same as how MGR built it soon

It is due to go through the MOT once the work above has been done, and then that will just leave the turbo side that is progressing slowly and surely in the right direction....

I am however now slightly worried that with the ZS lowered a touch as a result of changing things, It will ground out on my unpaved steep lane i have to go up to get the car on the hard standing at my house....

So far the fiesta has been fine, but I have got a couple of choices only:

1)
Drive forwards up the lane and back into drive - then having to 3 point further up to drive back past the house to get out again.
2)
Drive up the lane, three point and drive straight onto the drive - just back out and roll down the hill.
3)
Back it up the lane, then drive in straight with backing out afterwards...

visibility is better to drive out straight tbh... but i am not sure that i will get the ZS up the lane as the holes are massive further up to turn it round again afterwards..... GRRR

I will have to cross this bridge when I get the car back i think - not worth fretting too much!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 01:44 PM   #202
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
or getting all the neighbours to contribute to buying some Type 1 limestone and filling in the holes.
Old 11-08-13, 03:20 PM   #203
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
A 1 tonne bulk bag of type 1 will be less than £50 delivered.
Old 17-09-13, 07:13 PM   #204
buff-1

buff-1 will become famous soon enough
have you got any 0-60 times would be nice to see how quick she is now?
buff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-13, 10:15 PM   #205
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
well currently is it infinite time to 60.... still laid up since before i went on holiday.

Not sure the times as it has been 3 years since i used all the power available - 0-60 is not good though as it is torque limited in 1st and 2nd.

30-90 however is a different matter - once not on the queen's highway of course!
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 01-10-13, 11:35 PM   #206
p_b82
Site Supporter

so a little bit of an update.......

the nice new brackets have arrived back - the person making them got weigh-laid with his proper job..... he works on bits of car worth a lot more than some old diesel rover*

Either way here it is....

You can just see the old one in the background.....

Shiny shiny

* I know it is an MG but most uninitiated still think of it as a rover as the mostly the same...
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 02-10-13, 10:06 AM   #207
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

another bit of the Jigsaw done.

Old 22-12-13, 02:01 PM   #208
p_b82
Site Supporter

figured I ought to put an update on here, as ever it has been a while.

Car unfortuntely got neglected due to other commitments that Matt had (namely working for Nissan on the GT academy all summer on the support side) so the car has only just had the brakes and suspension sorted.

Currently the springs are 'aggressive' according to matt, so we will be looking to put a set of Eibacj progressive ones on there, he just wants me to drive it first so I can give him some pointers on how hard/soft we want the two rates to be....

Aircon is still playing up, and I think that is the last outstanding job on the car as we speak - had to have whole new rear brakes, calipers, disks and pads - been rebuilding them every year and they had seized again. Just could not be bothered with the hassle so should be good for a bit longer now.

Turbo side of things wont be sorted this year, due to time; but hoping in the not too distant future in 2014 should have something sorted out there....

Just means that the only thing I have to worry about is the quite significant surface rust my car is displaying... everything has been waxoiled last year it was, but maybe not in time... so maybe a difficult choice to make on the car's future if we can't keep on top of it

have to say in the wet weather i really miss the sure-footedness of the ZS with the ATB... the little fiesta on skinny tires just does not inspire as much confidence!
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 22-12-13, 02:06 PM   #209
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Thanks for the update.

Nearly there by the sound of it, or at least all do-able.

Good luck with it and hope 2014 sees it up and running.
Old 22-12-13, 04:21 PM   #210
Drew

Drew has a spectacular aura aboutDrew has a spectacular aura about
i got some stiff springs with helpers, seems to work pretty well on mine.

fwir, the std front gaz springs i got were 450lb, they were too soft on my setup (lots of spherical bearings) so they sent some 550's. they did feel better but for me a little too bouncy still or too hard depending on where i set the dampers.

so i went for 650lb front springs with 450lb helpers, then 450lb rears with 200lb helpers.

for me that works very well.

Drew
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote