theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 09-04-15, 05:40 PM   #11
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
I'll go check now...

BTW 20s was a complete guess and probably too long, but was to emphasise it wasn't just a quick beep. more like 10 seconds or so maybe, will have to time it
Yeah long beep is the sensors faulty alert.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 05:43 PM   #12
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Yup, its got a white box and a black speaker unit next to it.

So I guess at some point the car has had reverse sensors installed, ah well mystery solved then will remove that at some point as there is no actual sensors in the bumper...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 05:44 PM   #13
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Yup, its got a white box and a black speaker unit next to it.

So I guess at some point the car has had reverse sensors installed, ah well mystery solved then will remove that at some point as there is no actual sensors in the bumper...
I think you can just unplug it from the loom where it is, might as well leave it there just incase you ever feel the need to refit sensors.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 11:31 AM   #14
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
A couple of weeks ago, my sensor gave me the dreaded long beep. Once selected revserse, it gave the standard short beep but then this was followed by a continuous long beep. This was an indication of a fault. I washed the bumper as it was quite dirty and everything worked as normal again.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 09:56 PM   #15
henocsr

henocsr is on a distinguished road
As above, if you select reverse and get a long beep of about 10 sec, it is a warning that a fault is detected in the system and the system will not work. For the rest of the time the ignition is on the system will not work when every reverse is selected. When the car is keyed off and then back on again the system does a new check when reverse is selected for the first time, and if a fault is detected again, the long beep is sounded, etc etc.

What you can do it is put the car in reverse with the ignition on, but engine off. Got a listen to each of the reverse sensors. They should click continuously. The ones that don't are the ones that have caused the fault. So check the wiring or swap the sensors with the ones that do click and see if the fault moves. that way you can work out if the sensor is faulty, or the wiring is faulty