theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 08-03-14, 11:35 AM   #131
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
I only had one key mate and i was the 2nd owner

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 11:42 AM   #132
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmadbaker View Post
I only had one key mate and i was the 2nd owner
Cheers for confirming that. I've got 2 keys but only 1 fob, not a problem, I'll run down to Brighton and get technozone Paul to program one.
Old 09-03-14, 06:36 PM   #133
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Brilliant weather for playing with cars so yesterday (after the fortnightly trip to Sainsburys) I spent four hours trying to pump the suspension on the F to come to the conclusion the low loss valve on the pump is knackered, the owner of the pump confirmed that he's not used it since it was given to him.

And this morning started with a lecture on cars and how I need to get them sorted - that was a green light to go and get stuck in so I did, by 8.30 I was outside.

I thought the diplomatic thing to do was sort a couple of things on Mrs TCs ZR - four hours later she had her side skirts back on (must have been off for at least two and a half years). At the same time I did her rally flaps, no, not those, the ones I bought for her birthday last March.

I was going to fit the tow bar on FE54 (I've got a tow ball mounted cycle rack that I've promised to use this summer for cycle rides in the country) but thought I ought to finish reinstalling the interior first - I ran out of steam so gave in and just hovered her out.
Old 09-03-14, 09:24 PM   #134
talkingcars

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
..........I was going to fit the tow bar on FE54 (I've got a tow ball mounted cycle rack that I've promised to use this summer for cycle rides in the country) but thought I ought to finish reinstalling the interior first - I ran out of steam so gave in and just hovered her out.
Sorry, cut that a bit short - my ribeye was calling......and then top gear and then fast and nuts.

I've lost my fog light switch..........when I unplugged the console I plugged all the switches back on to their leads, however upon refitting I find the rear fog light switch wasn't there. And as I've tidied up and hoovered her out I am stumped.

Refitting the headunit was as frustrating as always, I had previously trimmed the appature but was still struggling so have now cut a slot all the way along one side so the wiring can be slid along as the head unit is pushed into place.
Old 16-03-14, 12:53 PM   #135
talkingcars

I've got a new fog switch c/o a mk2 ZR at the local scrappy, also got a second HRW switch which may become adapted...........

Today I've gone to fit the tow bar from GV51 knowing that it'd proberbly be too short, not a problem as I could get a longer swan neck, however it sits too high and would require the bumper to be cut which is a big no.

Frustratingly Thule don't seem to fit the version they do for the mk2 45 will fit.

This is even more frustrating as the nearside exhaust mount is welded to the nearside towbar bracket.

Gonna mess in my shed instead.
Old 30-03-14, 09:01 PM   #136
talkingcars

Towbars - £160 because this ones a tad wrong - pah - I'm gonna engineer me some extender plates so have bought some scrap 8mm steel plate - cutting it will be easy but it looks like I'll be buying a piller drill stand so I can drill the holes, oh well, another tool.............

On a different subject - removing the clifford and refitting the earth seems to have cured the electic proplems and the heated front screen is brill - want one for the F now.
Old 30-03-14, 09:12 PM   #137
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Yep, heated screens rock.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-14, 10:29 AM   #138
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Coming on.

Old 17-04-14, 11:31 PM   #139
talkingcars

Fitting instructions for tow bar - remove insulation from top of chassis rail to locate marks for drilling.....

James' version - drill up from underneath through the two large holes in the underside of the chassis rail to locate main bolt location and enlarge from above with a countersink drill, then use these holes to place the upper plate before marking and drilling the other holes.

Worked great on the passanger side and meant I could easily fit the battery plate properly.

Then I went to do the same on the drivers side, oh, what's this in the way? According to the Rimmers site it's one of these http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID003507 (no. 7)

I'll have to do it from above so off comes the insulation except there are no marks! So with educated guess work I worked out roughly where one of the main holes should be and drilled pilot holes until I located the correct position, enlarging this more or less took in the other pilot holes.

I then used this to locate and drill the other holes.
Cooking on gas now - not quite, from the previous rear end damage this side of the floor isn't flat so the bolts on the inner side don't reach far enough to bolt the reinforcining plate up. Simples, I got a pair of longer bolts.
Fitted the plate.
Now to the outer plate - bother - same problem - I've now sourced the second set of longer bolts.
Old 18-04-14, 05:54 AM   #140
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Did you get that folder ok mate?

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote