Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 10-05-14, 08:49 AM   #11
tallgeese

tallgeese is on a distinguished road
He's a small one on ebay user name gingergodders25 guys name is paul
Old 10-05-14, 10:36 AM   #12
tallgeese

whilst on my boot leak mission i did take a look at the radiator fluid and it looks like just plain old water no sign of oil or antifreeze for that matter and does not smell of fuel either.

I think i should have put the pix on the other post i started lol i got two going on the repairs :P
Old 10-05-14, 01:29 PM   #13
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Nice looking car, like the colour.

Is there an exhaust fitted? Looking at picture three it looks like it's missing the rear section!
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 01:40 PM   #14
tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by top_man_eldo View Post
Nice looking car, like the colour.

Is there an exhaust fitted? Looking at picture three it looks like it's missing the rear section!
has got an exhaust but its around 4 inches too short
Old 10-05-14, 03:44 PM   #15
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
The exhaust on my Mk2 was short of the bumper too. The result of people fitting Mk1 exhaust parts to Mk2 cars. Mine was fitted with a piper stainless cat back so I wanted to keep the parts - £50 for an extension and machine polish at an exhaust place got it sorted.

Get yourself a nice stainless back box on there (if it isn't already) at a custom exhaust fitter. It'll improve the exhaust note and look good too.

Last edited by Dan1971; 10-05-14 at 04:10 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 04:15 PM   #16
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgeese View Post
He's a small one on ebay user name gingergodders25 guys name is paul
This one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-MG-ZS...p2047675.l2557

If he told you to do one I'd consider reporting him to ebay, the ad says
Quote:
THE CAR IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION
Old 10-05-14, 04:17 PM   #17
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Actually I think I'd first list all the issues you have found and contact the seller advising him the car isn't as advertised.
Old 10-05-14, 05:12 PM   #18
tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
This one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-MG-ZS...p2047675.l2557

If he told you to do one I'd consider reporting him to ebay, the ad says
yes that the swine

Have given him the 10 point list of issues his response was ;

Just to be clear I never once said the car was mechanically sound, I said, and have emails of proof that to my knowledge it was fine, as I am not a mechanic I cannot predict what is going to break down on my own car let alone anyone else's. Just to be clear I never once said the car was mechanically sound, I said, and have emails of proof that to my knowledge it was fine, as I am not a mechanic I cannot predict what is going to break down on my own car let alone anyone else's. Also as I stated yesterday it was fine driving 70 miles to deliver it to you which no other seller would have done, as also stated the car said SOLD AS SEEN also NO WARRANTY, therefore should you be unhappy then sell the vehicle on, as I have covered myself as stated in my advert and been as honest as I can ( I am not a mechanic) and proved the car was ok after the long 70 mile drive and you were happy at the time of purchase all I can do is apologise as I did yesterday. I will not not be giving you a full refund. As stated the car was SOLD AS SEEN, NO WARRANTY.Also as I stated yesterday it was fine driving 70 miles to deliver it to you which no other seller would have done, as also stated the car said SOLD AS SEEN also NO WARRANTY, therefore should you be unhappy then sell the vehicle on, as I have covered myself as stated in my advert and been as honest as I can ( I am not a mechanic) and proved the car was ok after the long 70 mile drive and you were happy at the time of purchase all I can do is apologise as I did yesterday. I will not not be giving you a full refund. As stated the car was SOLD AS SEEN, NO WARRANTY.

Should add he asked me to meet him at Manchester airport as he was picking his daughter up there and "want to save me some miles" which at the time sounded nice of him more fool me

Last edited by tallgeese; 10-05-14 at 05:16 PM.
tallgeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 05:55 PM   #19
talkingcars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgeese View Post
Should add he asked me to meet him at Manchester airport as he was picking his daughter up there and "want to save me some miles" which at the time sounded nice of him more fool me
Opps, not a good idea unless one knows the seller, always best to collect from the seller but whats done is done so no point worrying about this now.

Assuming you like the car I'd be asking for a refund to reflect the mechanical issues, i.e. the garage doing the scan and cover some of the cost of the service that it needs due not having proper coolant and who knows what else.

Also it does clearly state in the advert that the car is in good condition but it clearly isn't if the filler pipe is rusting (if it was really his car he would know as he's put fuel in) and the door handles being a different shade.

Most of the other issues are less important and not so obvious, even to the average owner.

I would try and get some cash back, repair the car and ENJOY.
Old 10-05-14, 07:37 PM   #20
tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Opps, not a good idea unless one knows the seller, always best to collect from the seller but whats done is done so no point worrying about this now.

Assuming you like the car I'd be asking for a refund to reflect the mechanical issues, i.e. the garage doing the scan and cover some of the cost of the service that it needs due not having proper coolant and who knows what else.

Also it does clearly state in the advert that the car is in good condition but it clearly isn't if the filler pipe is rusting (if it was really his car he would know as he's put fuel in) and the door handles being a different shade.

Most of the other issues are less important and not so obvious, even to the average owner.

I would try and get some cash back, repair the car and ENJOY.
I can only try but I get the impression he wont do sod all
Ah well it was not too pricey with the new mot so not all bad