theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 24-03-10, 05:58 PM   #11
Mission

Mission is on a distinguished road
Don't mean to be funny or anything like that me old china, but I personally think your asking way too much for it! There have been some beautifull MKII saloons for sale recently- A cracker went for about £3400 on Piston heads recently, low mileage in VGC and with some mods too (can't remember what they were though!) Please don't take offence to my comments, but i think you need to be knocking atleast £500 off the asking price (maybe more) if were being realistic. Mg's in general just aren't fetching a lot o wedge these days, and modded cars will put some people off too. You may be lucky and get someone who really wants a zs and appreciates what you have done to yours too, but with prices the way they are you may well struggle too.
Old 24-03-10, 06:01 PM   #12
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
You'll just have to keep it pal !
Looks like you might me right dude. Unsure whether that is a good or bad thing at the minute.

The thing that has brought this on is a sudden realisation that Genuine or direct replacement parts are expensive or impossible to get hold of......I've spent thousands and thousands on the Devil and neither do I want some idiot running into me and writing my car off.......I can't replace it or do it all over again once the baby is here and I would be devastated.

I was considering selling this to buy a Jaguar XJS or an XJ instead. Similar running costs but with parts easier to come across too. Wouldn't have been too fussy about mileage as long as the car had been looked after and in good condition.

Guess I am going to be fixing the rear brake caliper and keep the Devil

Jim
Old 24-03-10, 06:06 PM   #13
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission View Post
Don't mean to be funny or anything like that me old china, but I personally think your asking way too much for it! There have been some beautifull MKII saloons for sale recently- A cracker went for about £3400 on Piston heads recently, low mileage in VGC and with some mods too (can't remember what they were though!) Please don't take offence to my comments, but i think you need to be knocking atleast £500 off the asking price (maybe more) if were being realistic. Mg's in general just aren't fetching a lot o wedge these days, and modded cars will put some people off too. You may be lucky and get someone who really wants a zs and appreciates what you have done to yours too, but with prices the way they are you may well struggle too.
Looks like I am going to be keeping her for a while longer........I'm not selling for less than £3000, no way.........it is worth that all day for someone wanting a fast road car or track toy.

Thanks for comments........

Jim
Old 24-03-10, 06:25 PM   #14
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
il give you 2500.

can pay at weekend or earlier
Old 24-03-10, 06:52 PM   #15
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
il give you 2500.

can pay at weekend or earlier
It is worth more than that dude try something closer and I will have a think about it very hard. I know it is all 'second hand' now but the Quaiffe diff and complete gearbox rebuild cost me a fortune only a few years back.

I get paid on Friday anyway so I can get the seized rear caliper replaced by the garage so it can be driven.

Jim
Old 24-03-10, 06:57 PM   #16
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
no bother mate, i value it at 2500 its 10 yr old
you will need to break it to get the money back out of it

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 24-03-10 at 07:03 PM.
Old 24-03-10, 07:13 PM   #17
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I'll be honest here .... I think £2500 is a good offer worth considering.

Despite all the bits that you've done .... as you say the bits are all second hand now and have been done over a period of a few years and are very much a personal choice.

I'm sure that you don't want to break it, but I feel that is the only way that you'd get any more cash for it.....

You got it up anywhere else ?
Old 24-03-10, 09:00 PM   #18
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

51 plate zs 180 range from 1000-1400 quid imo.

as you know you dont make money back on mods, or not all of it.

so your making 1100 quid minimum for what you have done, which isnt what you have spent but as a whole car a 51 plate 180 isnt worth 3k, infact i struggle to see £2500 but the fact it has a diff is what does it for me, but then again i can get a type b for 150 quid and same again for fitting..

if you broke it you would get

box with diff £600
wheels £ 300
Engine £450
manifolds £250
Zorst £120
interior £100
springs £100
bmc £130
brakes £80
bits and bobs £100
then bodywork which probably wouldnt fetch as much as you think.

that totals £2230 i think.. plus the greif of breaking it!! i dont think its as desirable as you may think imo of corse
Old 24-03-10, 09:05 PM   #19
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
it may be worth 2500, but its worth more to you, same as my car is worth more to me now to sit out in the garden if i got another car, just to look at, after all the blood sweat and tears that just doesnt cover it for me
Old 24-03-10, 09:27 PM   #20
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchyp View Post
it may be worth 2500, but its worth more to you, same as my car is worth more to me now to sit out in the garden if i got another car, just to look at, after all the blood sweat and tears that just doesnt cover it for me

For a (relative) youngster you've got a good head on your shoulders mate.
Closed Thread