Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 29-03-10, 07:41 PM   #1
dvid

dvid is on a distinguished road
FOR SALE - 2006 ZS180, Black + Alacantara

Hi all

[B]Before anyone gets too excited, PLEASE note that this is a 2006 car and is subject to the higher rate of tax...

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £233.75
12 Months Rate £425.00

For sale is my Black 2006 180, I dont want to sell it, I don't HAVE to sell it, but an increase in monthly mileage and change of circumstances means it would be helpful to reduce my car related costs... Spec as follows:

Car registered 21/07/2006, I bought the car in Dec 2007 from SMC Rover, High Wycombe. I am the second owner

MOT due 21st July 2010
Tax due in June 2010

Full service history, details including mileages (taken from the stamped handbook) below:

7695 - 31/01/2007 - Lindfield Rover
14,762 - 10/07/2007 - Lindfield Rover
20,662 - 21/12/2007 - SMC Rover, High Wycombe
30,719 - 17/07/2009 - Autowise, Burgess Hill

Mileage is currently at 35,545 but is likely to be touching 36,000 by the end of April, as you can see I dont use it that much, it hasn't done 5000 miles since it's last service, 98% of those motorway.

Other spec details:

Electric windows front and back
Electric Mirrors
Full, unmarked Alacantara interior (Pic of drivers seat below)
Usual climate control, air con fully working
Mats front and rear (fronts have MG logo embroided)

Aftermarket head unit with iPod connection in glove box (chosen as the display colours match the instruments )
MG ZR door cards to allow larger front speakers, sound deadened boot. Focal speakers all round which do sound good, plenty of bass and no distortion at high volume

Clifford alarm with proximity alerter
Space saver spare wheel (optional extra?)

The car is in very good condition, it has been "half debadged" at the rear (see pic). There are very few blemishes on the car at all, I am always careful where I leave it. There is a very small scratch on the rear bumber near the ZS badge of the boot, and (literally) one or two car park dings on the doors. Inside the car is as near as dammit perfect, v small mark where new stereo was fitted (blame Halfords, I did!) Alloys have some kerbing but by no means awful.

Only negative points - I only have one key / alarm fob (came from SMC Rover like this) and the alarm silencer is silent! This has happened in the last 2 months but I havent done anything about repairing it. The alarm / immobiliser still work, just not much good at warding people off.. Could well be just a loose connection
EDIT I have had the alarm siren fixed by the local car audio centre, who also revealed that my Clifford alarm has a remote start feature! So much fun has been had with that today too!

I am aware that I need to take some better and up to date pics, but need to clean it and for that I need some time and some decent weather, but as the car has not changed cosmetically I will put up what I have, the recent pics I have labelled as recent... Apologies as most of these are phone pics...
The car can be viewed in Haywards Heath, West Sussex or Benfleet, Essex (hence increase in mileage!), just give me a bell.

The day I bought it - Nothing has changed, just alloys now have some kerbing

The day I bought it:

The day I bought it:

Recent Pic (within two weeks)

Recent Pic - Drivers seat (within two weeks)

I've been as thorough as I can, and probably overly critical, but I dont want to waste anyone's time, let alone my own! I will update with better pics when time and weather allow

Car is HPI clear

£3750

p/x diesel Golf or may consider other diesels

Dave

Gone but not forgotten - The best / cleanest / newest car i've owned

Last edited by KevG; 21-04-10 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Just adding correct Prices for VED
Old 30-03-10, 08:47 AM   #2
dvid

Old 30-03-10, 10:22 AM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Good luck selling mate .... I reckon it's very keenly priced and looks in great condition.
Old 30-03-10, 11:51 AM   #4
dvid

Thanks mate.. Really is in good condition, needs some better pics to do it some justice

Old 30-03-10, 12:30 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I would be surprised if you had trouble selling that, it is superb and a giveaway imo.
Old 30-03-10, 12:47 PM   #6
dvid

Too cheap?!

Old 30-03-10, 12:56 PM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
When people realise the tax band it is in, then they will either bulk or think hey that's not a bad deal. For an 06 car it is cheap imo, but for what is an old model these days I guess it is competitive.

I still think it is cheap
Old 30-03-10, 03:21 PM   #8
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
When people realise the tax band it is in, then they will either bulk or think hey that's not a bad deal. For an 06 car it is cheap imo, but for what is an old model these days I guess it is competitive.

I still think it is cheap
Defo cheap for what it is, I'd buy it if I didn't have mine. The tax band will put people off due to the usual "I'll pay an extra £3,000 to save £200 a year" philosophy that a lot of folk seem to have.
Old 30-03-10, 06:04 PM   #9
Smokie

Smokie will become famous soon enough
Yeap seems to cheap to me
Old 30-03-10, 06:36 PM   #10
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor View Post
Defo cheap for what it is, I'd buy it if I didn't have mine. The tax band will put people off due to the usual "I'll pay an extra £3,000 to save £200 a year" philosophy that a lot of folk seem to have.
Worth more id say in a year or two im sure they will all be in the £400 bracket!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Closed Thread