theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-03-16, 08:19 AM   #1
skyblueads

skyblueads is on a distinguished road
Important news from the MG Car Club

I know that I've been very kindly given my own sub-forum to share news from the Club but I'm really proud to offer this so wanted to share it here:

Quote:
MG Car Club looks to the next generation

Following successful research and the launch of the MG Car Club’s Young Members Group, the Club is pleased to announce a new revised membership rate for under-25s.

The future of car clubs lies in the hands of the next generation, something that cannot be overlooked when discussing membership.

For the past five months the MG Car Club has researching what younger members want, and working actively to put together a plan to encourage more participation. Therefore the Club is happy to announce a new membership structure for under-25s. The old price saw under-25’s pay £43 per year; however the new rates are split into two groups.

15-20 year olds will now enjoy all of the benefits of joining the MG Car Club for just £15, with 20-24 year olds priced at £30. This includes the Club’s award-winning monthly magazine Safety Fast!, technical knowledge, events such as MGLive!, and discounts for parts and insurance as well as the unique events and offers tailored to younger members.

Club Chairman Ian Quarrington said: “The MG Car Club understands the importance of looking at the future, and this is one step towards preserving the future of our Club.”

From classics like MGBs, and MG Midgets, to newer models such as the Zed range, and MGFs, that can be bought for as little as £500 – the MG Car Club caters for all types of MG drivers. This is just the beginning of the MG Car Club Young Members Group (under-30), which was put together to attract young MG fans at the beginning of February. With the Club’s youngest Register Chairman aged 23, it’s clear that Young Members can get involved in all areas of the Club.

General Manager Adam Sloman said: “Young people don’t have much money in their pockets, and the cost of running a car is going up all the time. This is great way of helping them become part of the MG Car Club.”

The new membership prices are available now by contacting the Club office on 01235 555552, with online payment coming soon.

For more information on what Club membership involves, CLICK HERE to be redirected to our new Young Members page.

1973 MG BGT
2005 MG ZS 120+
skyblueads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-16, 08:55 AM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Nice one, 2 of my youngsters are into MG.
Old 20-03-16, 09:10 AM   #3
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Thinks its about time they welcome the zeds there is still a few though that don't see our zeds as proper mg,s which is a shame because at the end of the day the day that's what they are says it on the logbook so yeah its a proper mg .
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-16, 09:26 AM   #4
skyblueads

skyblueads is on a distinguished road
The attitude of the Club is that the Zeds are 100%, real 'proper' MGs.

I'm the General Manager of the Club, I drive a ZS, Andy Knott, editor of Safety Fast! drives a ZS and our PR officer drives a ZS, so that's three at Kimber House! The Zed Register is in need of people to help run it, if anyone wants to get involved, let me know!

Theres a lot of enthusiasm for the Zeds in the Club these days..

1973 MG BGT
2005 MG ZS 120+
skyblueads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-16, 03:40 PM   #5
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
also worth mentioning the half price race entry fee's the young 'uns get...
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-16, 04:17 PM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
A step in the right direction. MG ownership has always been seen as an old mans club, flat cap and pipe etc. I guess many youngsters don't see themselves as part of this group as all they see are the old photos, tin wall hangings etc as the history. A difficult mould to break and one that needs refreshing as you rightly have said the future of MG is todays folk, the baton needs to be handed over and the interest taken forward. Harder still with the demise of MG Rover and even harder with people trying to take the latest incarnation seriously. Good to hear many within Kimber House driving the later MGs.
I'm all for getting more involved and I did try to attend at MGLive last year but the crap weather put paid to me staying until late when the AGM was due to start. If there is a meeting due I wouldn't mind making the time and seeing if there was anything I could be interested in?
Old 20-03-16, 06:56 PM   #7
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
How do we prove that we are under 12, to get the cheap rates? lol
Old 20-03-16, 08:34 PM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Owners of yellow ones should get a discount too .... let's face it they need some help and every little matters .....

Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-16, 09:09 PM   #9
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Us Yellow ones are Special Dan!!!

Good to know someone is thinking about the younger members, they are the ones going forward and without them the clubs will slowly die out

Thanks for keeping us up to date Skyblueads.