theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 07-12-14, 10:47 AM   #1
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
The New 180

So picked up the new 180 yesterday evening, was a bit too dark to give it a once over but everything seemed to be fine from what I could see and after talking to the seller for the last week or so everything seemed to be in order.

Anyway got it home so initial thoughts...

Paintwork is as expected and will get sorted, hence the reason we got the car, but someone has removed the Extreme spoiler and filled in the holes badly with filler then badly sprayed over the boot lid. (bad spraying we knew about, but bad filling we did not)

Clutch is abysmal so popped out this morning to have a look at it (in the pouring rain), no fluid in the reservoir... Also it turns out its not a Sheddist, but a Dark Ice kit, which has not been fitted correctly, so once it stops raining that's one of the first jobs!

Whilst looking at the Clutch hydraulics I noticed that the BMC is not fitted properly either, its just floating around which means that the journey down here (300 odd miles) was driven non filtered and who knows for how long the previous owner was driving without the BMC connected?!? So also got to fix that first!

Also noticed someone has "stolen" the antenna so no music on the way home either... so another antenna is required.

Not looked much further than that so far, but enough to be getting started with at least.

So it needs more work than the seller let on and certainly not as much money has gone into it as the seller has said. On the plus side, it does have four brand new tyres and very good condition alloys.

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 12:01 PM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Not too bad overall, it'll be a nice car when it's all sorted.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 12:22 PM   #3
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Not too bad overall, it'll be a nice car when it's all sorted.
Just gone back out now its stopped raining...

Every panel has over spray. You can see where the guy has masked off and then over sprayed over the masking!

Has standard boot water leak.
Has standard bonnet catch issue.
Lights have over spray on them.
ATC is in E4 and flashes service. Plus the blower doesn't blow.

Oh and many bulbs out... Including both reverse lights!

Old 07-12-14, 12:53 PM   #4
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
E4 is the external temp sensor, may be disconnected if the front bumpers been off.

Headlights will restore with wet'n'dry and plastic polish but you'll need endless patience.

The paintwork sounds like a nightmare

Old 07-12-14, 01:43 PM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Good luck with it Sam .... Time and patience I think and you have the know-how to get it sorted.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 02:24 PM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Sounds like you'll be busy for some time but at least you are back in a zed again.
Old 08-12-14, 02:28 PM   #7
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
E4 is the external temp sensor, may be disconnected if the front bumpers been off.

Headlights will restore with wet'n'dry and plastic polish but you'll need endless patience.

The paintwork sounds like a nightmare
E4 is external temp sensor... Hmmm... Which Fog light bracket is that in? As the drivers side is flapping about as is its not attached at the top! Only noticed it on way out the house this morning, so am going to have to investigate further later.

Headlights will be getting some special treatment anyway so will see what comes of that

Old 08-12-14, 02:31 PM   #8
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

It should be clipped to the passenger side bracket, you should be able to see it through the lower mesh, it's a small cylindrical probe pointing forwards

Old 07-12-14, 03:00 PM   #9
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Sounds like a decent base to start from Sam.sure you will have it spick and span in no time and another 180 survives.well done for saving it.
Old 07-12-14, 03:17 PM   #10
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like a project.

I still have the extreme spoiler from my yellow one if you are looking for one.