theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 27-04-18, 09:43 PM   #381
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
thanks for all the replies everyone

Managed to secure somewhere for it to live for a very reasonable fee for now, but it's not going to be long term

Plus the Mrs has finally had enough of it sitting about and wants it gone. She made a very good argument about all the other things I could do with the money it freed up - like finishing off the engine in the Subaru the way I want it (which makes a load of sense as that's what I'm currently using on the track fairly regularly anyway)

Ross did sound interested, but never returned any of my phone calls / messages

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-18, 12:05 PM   #382
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Glad it's got a new home for now - I hope you see it through to completion; even if you then move it on...

The counter argument to spending the money on the Scooby, is that once you have the touring car finished you'd be using that instead..... (playing devil's advocate).

I know keeping my ZS & getting it finished is a heart decision not a head one; but sometimes you just got to go with the flow and take that hit!

Good luck, hope you do get it finished though!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-18, 11:02 PM   #383
Maxxed_Ross

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
The counter argument to spending the money on the Scooby, is that once you have the touring car finished you'd be using that instead..... (playing devil's advocate).
I'm starting to wonder if I'd want to track it after all the work

www.facebook.com/EX259

Old 01-05-18, 07:14 AM   #384
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
Man don't be a Wuss! I could say exactly the same , ive lost track of how much time and money i've thrown at the Reyland ZS. But i bloody well intend it give it a damm good seeing too when its running this summer.
Ive also spent years and thousands on one off bikes but the moment the visor went down and i hit the track all that was forgotten although i did sell a bespoke RGV500 before i spanked it good and proper after a rather fruity day at Cadwell PArk

Just imagine the surge of excitement as you sit in pit lane waiting to be let onto track

P.
Old 01-05-18, 08:23 AM   #385
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
And, if after all the work - you simply gave up and passed it on to someone else without having taken it to the track - would you not regret it .... ? It's not like in 10 years you could do it all again from scratch if you thought you'd made a mistake. When you conceived the idea to do it all, was it to trailor it to shows, or to drive it?

Easy for others to comment as it's not us who have put in all the time, effort and cash thus far. Only you know where your head is. If it's - that's it, I'm through, no more for me - fair enough. I think your decision of - pause, store, review before I get rid - is a good common sense way to deal with what has been a huge investment in terms of finance, effort and emotion.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 10:29 AM   #386
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Even if you don't decide to track it - or only do a few installation laps and then keep it is a show car or sell it on I get the impression you'd regret the decision - even if at the time you'll feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

I say this as I've had the same thoughts about the ZS myself; I nearly threw in the towel a number of times - when it got stranded on the farm I was made an offer to "take it off my hands" and I was very very tempted.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-18, 09:32 PM   #387
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
get the engine and chassis sorted and use it on the track, looks are less important there
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 11:00 PM   #388
Maxxed_Ross

Thanks all for the comments

Trust me all thoughts that have crossed my mind many many times already. It's looking likely that it will be staying for at least the time being - I've actually started to collect bits for the engine again so it might even make a bit of forward progress. I just need somewhere to work on it and the time to do it now!

Just need to buy a bigger shed so I can get the other half of my double garage emptied of all the stuff in there

www.facebook.com/EX259

Old 20-02-19, 12:54 AM   #389
Street Elite

Street Elite is on a distinguished road
I'm sure I remember someone asking about this?

Happened upon a Facebook page about it
https://www.facebook.com/EX259/

Drew
Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote