theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-09-13, 09:27 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I'd go 30% front, 70% from B pillers back and 50% on the rear.
Old 15-09-13, 09:46 PM   #12
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
There will be a slight tint to your glass as standard bud, this gives means that you will only get away with the very very lightest tint for front windows...if at all. The tint to the glass is barely noticeable but if you add anything to it you will find it easy to exceed the legal limits! I currently have limo tint from B pillar bak and I think you would want lighter
Old 15-09-13, 10:15 PM   #13
pb25

pb25 will become famous soon enough
Sorry forgot to say I'm not touching the front windows just back passengers, quarter and rear window. What is limo tint classed as? Blocked pretty much everything? I'm now thinking 70% light in all round or 50% all round

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Old 16-09-13, 06:34 AM   #14
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb25 View Post
Sorry forgot to say I'm not touching the front windows just back passengers, quarter and rear window. What is limo tint classed as? Blocked pretty much everything? I'm now thinking 70% light in all round or 50% all round

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
That's a good question, anytime I have got tints done its has been a choice of three- Dark, Medium or light. Limo being classed as dark, I think medium is a good choice as you can still see out well enough, had medium on both my previous zeds but what percentage is what I'm afraid I don't know and doubt I have any pics that could show you the difference to help.
Old 16-09-13, 07:36 AM   #15
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
The problem I found with no standard tinted windows is they really do not let light in at night.

Limo or dark tint is nearly impossible to see out of
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-13, 10:16 AM   #16
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Hi, I was pulled over in Scotland, by the police, he put a gauge thing on the front windows and said they were below the permitted limits.

Been OK down south for 3 years.

He said you cant move the car £60 fine and 3 points.

Or.............................I could take the front pass and drivrs tints off.

Anyway they had been on so long, they wouldnt move.

In the end he said you go off that way and we will go tother.

As I had scratched the fronts in a desperate effort to get them off, The policeman was saying dont do that you will scratch the glass!!! Decided to remove them when I got home.

New 1 week old Range Rover was having his front tints, that he had just had done, removed, from advice from the police.

The tint guy said fronts can only be tinted to what they come out of the factory with!!

I've got dark on the rears, see ****** all out the back at night. Not much more during the day!!! But its only like a closed van, just have to use the mirrors more.

Before fronts removed.

After

Wouldnt touch the fronts, but the dark at the rears for me.