theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 20-06-12, 07:37 AM   #11
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Sounds like the aperture will need to be enlarged, don't really want to be messing around with that tbh. However I maybe inclined to do so if worth the effort What are they? Also got any dimensions for the rear so I can compare?
I had 6x9's in the yellow ZS saloon...

First issue is the bottom of the speakers fouled the saloon boot springs

Second issue, while you could get around the boot spring issue and mount the speakers in place under the current "holes" I found the sound wasn't as good as it could be... something to do with the sound wave having to be deformed right out of the speaker to get through the hole...

So yes, if you make custom brackets and enlarge the holes then you can make them fit and sound good, but for the effort stick some Kenwood 165mm 2 way 130 W speakers in the rear. The part code is KFC1768s. They give a nice crisp sound with enough Bass for your every day driver plus they fit in puuuurfect and the old covers clip in. No amendments. - A very very worthwhile upgrade ... combined with KFCP 503 5" pearl tweeter 170w in the front and a decent Head unit and you'll have a very nice setup

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-12, 07:42 AM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
I had 6x9's in the yellow ZS saloon...

First issue is the bottom of the speakers fouled the saloon boot springs

Second issue, while you could get around the boot spring issue and mount the speakers in place under the current "holes" I found the sound wasn't as good as it could be... something to do with the sound wave having to be deformed right out of the speaker to get through the hole...

So yes, if you make custom brackets and enlarge the holes then you can make them fit and sound good, but for the effort stick some Kenwood 165mm 2 way 130 W speakers in the rear. The part code is KFC1768s. They give a nice crisp sound with enough Bass for your every day driver plus they fit in puuuurfect and the old covers clip in. No amendments. - A very very worthwhile upgrade ... combined with KFCP 503 5" pearl tweeter 170w in the front and a decent Head unit and you'll have a very nice setup
Sounds good, the last ones I had were hidden under the OE covers, just how I like it. Have some rep, think you need it
Old 20-06-12, 07:48 AM   #13
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Of course if you prefer Sony... then look at the XPLOD 17mm range... they drop straight into the Rear Saloon speaker arpetures perfect, the only thing is you will need to self tapper the grill down over them... or maybe use a bit of self stick velcro...

Old 20-06-12, 07:51 AM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I have them stuck down with velcro now, just to cover the hole.
Old 20-06-12, 07:57 AM   #15
ZS
IT Administrator

What head unit are you running at the moment? If you looking at high powered speakers you might need an AMP to go with it

BTW... I have a Sony "Inline" amp, I will dig it out and if you want it its yours... or if you want a West Coast Customs AMP I also have one of them laying around... lol

The inline amp connects to the back of the radio in place of the ISO adaptor, then the car ISO adaptor plugs into the inline amp... all speakers are them amp'd with minimal fuss (Even is small enough to slip behind the centre console!)

The west coast customs amp is more complicated as it needs to be wired in

Suppose it depends what you are looking for from the In Car Entertainment system

Also got a few subs as well if your interested

Old 20-06-12, 08:06 AM   #16
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
What head unit are you running at the moment? If you looking at high powered speakers you might need an AMP to go with it

BTW... I have a Sony "Inline" amp, I will dig it out and if you want it its yours... or if you want a West Coast Customs AMP I also have one of them laying around... lol

The inline amp connects to the back of the radio in place of the ISO adaptor, then the car ISO adaptor plugs into the inline amp... all speakers are them amp'd with minimal fuss (Even is small enough to slip behind the centre console!)

The west coast customs amp is more complicated as it needs to be wired in

Suppose it depends what you are looking for from the In Car Entertainment system

Also got a few subs as well if your interested
Aladdins cave springs to mind here! Well I am after a new head unit as well so won't be looking to run the current one for much longer. I do have a Clarion in the garage, think its a 4x50w unit. I'm not that into in-car hi-fi just want a decent sound that will rise above the exhaust! So will be interested in what you have and happy to tinker.
Old 25-06-12, 02:22 PM   #17
DuckFeet

DuckFeet is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you're going aftermarket, much better sound imo. However you can have my saloon stock speakers for postage costs.
DuckFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-12, 02:28 PM   #18
stamford
Site Owner

Cheers, waiting for payday to arrive then see what's on offer. Then we will see.
Old 25-06-12, 09:07 PM   #19
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS-ROVE...item20c60ac25d

Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote