theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 12-03-13, 06:10 PM   #1
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
OE induction connector bit thingymajigg .....

The bit I need is the small plasitc joining bit that connects the bottom of the filter housing to what I think is the resonator box.......

Anyone got the OE stuff in the shed - or cheap as chips suggestions .... ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 06:49 PM   #2
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Thought you were going for an induction kit on Red? May have one somewhere but will have to have a look as it was ages ago when that was removed.
Old 12-03-13, 06:52 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Skint mate - need to sort out my vis issues first before I look at induction replacement. I've got 5 spare motors in the shed plus the two on the car so when the tester arrives I'm hoping to find at least 2 that work !

If you could have a look I'd appreciate it....

Although just now it's just sucking air directly into the bottom of the air filter box and can't really see any issues with that ..... unless I go through some deep water ....
Old 12-03-13, 06:57 PM   #4
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Skint mate - need to sort out my vis issues first before I look at induction replacement. I've got 5 spare motors in the shed plus the two on the car so when the tester arrives I'm hoping to find at least 2 that work !

If you could have a look I'd appreciate it....

Although just now it's just sucking air directly into the bottom of the air filter box and can't really see any issues with that ..... unless I go through some deep water ....

Well at least you have spares lol..

Yeah will do, may be a day or 2 before I can check as my boys in hospital tomorrow but as soon as I can I will look Dan.

I know others will say its a bad one to run it but I ran mine as you are now for over a year as I couldn't afford and induction kit and it felt and sounded better or at least the little extra noise seemed like was going better.
Would be quite hard to suck water up through that I would've thought unless you do go in some very deep puddles.
Old 12-03-13, 07:01 PM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
Well at least you have spares lol..

Yeah will do, may be a day or 2 before I can check as my boys in hospital tomorrow but as soon as I can I will look Dan.

I know others will say its a bad one to run it but I ran mine as you are now for over a year as I couldn't afford and induction kit and it felt and sounded better or at least the little extra noise seemed like was going better.
Would be quite hard to suck water up through that I would've thought unless you do go in some very deep puddles.
No rush pal - as and when .... Cheers
Old 12-03-13, 07:03 PM   #6
Craig-ZS180

I'm sure I have it somewhere as was keeping it all so that as and when I come to sell the zed I could revert that back to oe with the full setup again. Just got to find where was put. Should only take a day or so before can have a look for you mate
Old 12-03-13, 08:16 PM   #7
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Did have my old OE filter set up, in my garage back in December.........Tidyed up and took it down the council tip.....................
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 08:20 PM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona365 View Post
Did have my old OE filter set up, in my garage back in December.........Tidyed up and took it down the council tip.....................
Helpful mate cheers .....
Old 13-03-13, 08:44 AM   #9
DuckFeet

DuckFeet is on a distinguished road
How about a cold air feed flexi pipe and some gaffa tape? I found a suitable pipe form merlin motorsport for £10. My more expensive Homebase tumble drier hose perished when it fell down and I dragged it across 50 miles of tarmac.
DuckFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-13, 09:06 AM   #10
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I'll have a check when I get home Dan, if I have it I'll chuck it in with your other bits (Setting an alarm to remind me now!!)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote