theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 03-01-15, 04:05 PM   #1
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
KV6 front fuel line

Hi folks,

I'm after the front most fuel pipe that connects from the fuel filter to the fuel rail on a ZS 180. Anyone got one?

Mine is very awkward to reseat after its been disturbed, and takes a lot of fiddling before it'll stop weeping fuel. I'm hoping another fuel pipe will sort it! Tried looking new, but nothing on Rimmers.

Thanks
Old 03-01-15, 04:58 PM   #2
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Will have a look next time I go for a fag
Old 03-01-15, 05:01 PM   #3
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Mind your fag doesn't set it alight

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15, 05:05 PM   #4
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I think this the one you want, from the fuel filter, and the flexible pipe attaches to it
http://www.mgroverpartfinder.co.uk/D...81%26browse%3d

Old 03-01-15, 05:11 PM   #5
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

Another possible.
http://www.mgroverpartfinder.co.uk/D...81%26browse%3d

Old 03-01-15, 05:12 PM   #6
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Will the same item for the freelander/zt/75/45 fit?
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15, 05:17 PM   #7
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG ZS STE View Post
Will have a look next time I go for a fag
That would be great, if you could

Pete, didn't spot that - thats the pipe that runs from the fuel filter to the pipe that I need. All these bloody pipes! The part I need is WJH105330, number 1 on the following:

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID003513

Its the one that plugs directly in to the fuel rail. It's that junction that is always bleeding weeping, it takes a lot of fiddling to get it to sit right, and Im hoping its the pipe rather than the fuel rail that needs replacing.

Its been disturbed a fair few times now, for the thermostat, the clutch kit and now to replace the manifold and the vis motors - and I've just bleeding broken the balance VIS - AARRRGGHH. It had a burnt out track, I replaced the wires, plugged it back in, let it home, and then I attached it back to the plenum and flap. Only I didn't think to check whether the flap should be open or closed. D'oh. The flap was closed, and it looks like its burnt out two more tracks trying to close a flap that was already closed. I read somewhere that the motors were good for pulling a couple of amps, hence the burnt tracks.
Anyway, I rewired those, plugged it back in to home and the motor starts smoking. Im just hoping I haven't damaged anything further up the wires. Got to get a new one of them now, too

As the car stands, its now sat in the garage with the battery disconnected, a gutted balance motor (I didn't like the smoking part!) and it dripping petrol (now occasionally as I spent a fair few tense minutes trying to stop the torrent of petrol).
Joys of now classic car ownership, eh?
Old 03-01-15, 05:21 PM   #8
caled

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Will the same item for the freelander/zt/75/45 fit?
Oh, I don't know?
Old 03-01-15, 05:25 PM   #9
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Apparently the same part was only on the MGF and the earlier one at that.

The later F had a different part which Rimmers have at £4.14, might be worth a try.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID000241
Old 03-01-15, 05:33 PM   #10
talkingcars

Sorry, my post is passed on Petes part number, the one Calid lists is only for the 45/ZS V6.

Last edited by talkingcars; 03-01-15 at 05:38 PM.