theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 04-01-15, 11:59 AM   #21
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Cheers for all the help, guys, I really appreciate it.

I've being reading up more on this connection - looks like I'm far from the only person who has struggled with this stupid design!

I'm shamelessly pinching images from the 75andZt forum from user ssizefive

Here is the rail and pipe that I wanted (on the right):

And here is a close up of the fuel pipe as it pulls out from my fuel rail:

Looking at those images, the rest of the gubbins inside the fuel rail looks like this:

I can just about see the orange bit inside the fuel rail, so looks like I need to disassemble it a bit more. When people are referring to replacing the o ring, are they referring to the black o ring sandwiched between the yellow and orange bits?

Having seen those pictures now, I'm sure there will be a way of getting all back together again!
Old 04-01-15, 02:12 PM   #22
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Most of the damage is done when separating the joint, it needs two small screwdrivers to ease it apart evenly. Then a fine smear of vaseline to ease it back together, again evenly. I guess I was lucky as never had an issue with this joint, more so the injector 'o' rings I have found troublesome.
Old 04-01-15, 02:16 PM   #23
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Well, having seen that picture of the o rings, I decided to go have another go of it.

Managed to excavate the o rings and found that they would more appropriately be called c rings. Replaced with a couple of viton o rings I had and Robert's your mother's brother.

Oddly though, compared to the picture above, the orange black and yellow o rings were on the other side of the black collar, ie the bits on the left most and the right most extremes on the third image were actually next to each other on mine. Seems to have worked though.