theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 08-10-10, 08:01 PM   #21
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Right mate, can you PM me your mobile number?

Having a serious chat with Dad tomorrow to fund it and I pay him off. Explained about the car and he said 'sounds good'

I'll keep you posted, but I'll say now I am VERY picky about my cars. Well, ones I'm going to care about anyway - and the car is going to be project for me and won't be driven for a year and stored in a workshop whilst I do everything I want to do to it.

Hopefully if dad says yes we'll come and take a look, go over it with a fine tooth comb, then fingers crossed, shake hands. Sound alright?

Anyway, PM me your number and we'll go from there.

Cheers,
Jake
Old 02-11-10, 07:41 PM   #22
coupe8891

coupe8891 is on a distinguished road
ive been and looked at this car!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasted the whole sunday looking at this car after travelling 2half hours to look the car dosen`t look like it does in the pics, its been smacked up the ar*e and cracked the paint on the top of the rear bumper and has scraches both sides, the bumper has dropped on the right hand side the boot dosen`t stay open the clutch is very high does drive ok tho! on the passenger rear door bump strip is a different colour and there is a blemish on the front door. the front bumper is worse then it looks,and saving the best for last its been in a crash in 2003 his dad smashed in it to a traffic island with no lights on it and took out both wheels the whole suspenshion strut wheel bearing cvs about ?2300 damage he wasn`t gonna tell me untill we found it in the paper work and its done 10k miles in the last 3year with no service!!! its not 1lady owner his dad drives it and hes son drives it 2, the pics are from 2009

sorry m8 had to be said!!!!!
coupe8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 12:33 PM   #23
Stuartamc

Stuartamc is on a distinguished road
Don't worry mate, you wasted my time too. Thankfully I didn't travel as far, but at least I made it on time. If you're going to be almost an hour early when someone's meeting you there, it might just be an idea to give them a heads up. Yes it does look like it does in the pictures, if you want more detail you ask for higher res pics or come and see it. Think you will find it does look the same when you stand back and are not 6 inches away from it. As for being smacked up the ar*e, as I said to you it's probably a parking incident as surely it would have been known about otherwise. If it was that bad surely it would all be all bent up around it. It is called a bumper for a reason... Also sorry for not replacing the clutch before you came. I did suggest to look in the history to see if it's been replaced before or not to get a fair idea of the life left in it. Surely this is par for the course for older second hand cars unless the clutch has just been done.

Regarding the suspension damage which is from hitting a traffic island, it's someone else's car, forgive me for not remembering when he bumped into an unlit traffic island from seven years ago. Was fully repaired and checked by MG too, simply replacing the damaged parts. Also why would I hide it and then hand you the paperwork and suggest that you have a look through it all? You and your friend didn't seem to have much common sense to me, and were very accusing from the off, which I find quite offensive when my 60 year old parents are talking to you openly and honestly.

Was also nice to be abruptly accused of advertising the wrong mileage too on the car to the tune of an intergalactic 6000 miles, when I didn't. As I also explained, why on earth would I?! It's also on the shot of the dash in the ad correctly too.

Also yes it is one lady owner, as she has been the only person who has owned it, and she's a lady. Sorry I didn't mention her husband also used it on the odd occasion (how unusual!). I did mention it was her car she used getting her to work and getting about etc, so is the main driver - hence the point. I do have my own car and actually live with my wife elsewhere. Even still a son having borrowed his mum's car a few times before, what are the chances?! I'm 32 years old too by the way not 18, so it's hardly an issue is it?

I also explained the lack of recent history as my parents not finding the paperwork, and that it's always serviced at the same place and offered you the garage's no from the previous receipts. So it wasn't till then I saw it wasn't there, but gave you the opportunity to check this was true too. Actually have all the history from new to June 2009 so will have to work on getting the rest, but you can clearly see it has been well looked after and I have everything scanned now too. Also it was work for ?828.66 inc labour actually, so yet again getting your facts wrong. It was in Nov 2007 that a gold service was done, with front and rear timing belts, idlers and tensioners, osf cv joint, rear brake pads, tyres all round and tracking done. That was ?2366.21. Which to me seems great that now doesn't have to be done for quite a while which is a real bonus on a car for sale at ?1800. So I would really appreciate you getting your facts right before coming onto someone's for sale thread and slagging it off when you or your friend clearly weren't paying attention, or being realistic in any way.

Regards to the date of the pictures, didn't realise you were stood behind me when I took them... Also if they are an accurate representation then that's the point surely. I'm going to take some new pics, but funnily enough it will look exactly the same, as it's not been that long. If you'd asked for higher res pics you could have seen more before committing to a long drive. I did also point out the major issues condition-wise and clearly stated in the ad good for its age, which it is. If you want a mint car, personally I'd look for "mint car" in the title as the giveaway... as I said to you, it is priced accordingly and gave you as much heads up as I could saying a few scruffs and scratches before you came, normal for the age, yet what was the first thing you mentioned..?

I can only apologise for not respraying it before you came, but you did turn up early...

Sorry mate, had to be said...
Stuartamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 12:46 PM   #24
gsinclairzs

gsinclairzs is on a distinguished road
Brilliant! I've been wasting all of my time watching Jeremy Kyle. This is entertainment at it's best.

2004 ZS120+
Lowered (30mm Moto-builds)
Fog Lamps
MK 1 Door cards
MK 1 Sill plates
Rear Headrests
180 Body-kit
11 Spokes
Extreme & Lip Spoilers
Drilled & Grooved Discs, Front & Rear
K&N Filter Panel
Lotus Cam Cover
Chrome Dial & Heater Rings
gsinclairzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 01:10 PM   #25
coreygraham180
Lean, Mean and Green

coreygraham180 will become famous soon enough
Sets up popcorn stand now open for buisness

And just on the note of the car the buyers will always try to find a fault with the car and have a good look over it and he gave critism on the the car with his finding and is intitled too as you are defending it and in his opinion he would not like the car so he needs to find a different zs to buy and you need to find a different buyer .!!!

Quote:
Speeding has never killed anyone.........suddenly becoming stationary kills you.....Quickly
2010 Forza 3 OBTCC Table 2 Champion
coreygraham180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 01:12 PM   #26
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
An entertaining read. Also highlights that people have high expectations for cars that are 6+ years old and going for a song. Just proves you cannot please everybody.

I'd like to add that the car in the photos actually looks better than my own 8 year old ZS, which I have had 5 1/2 years and paid ?7k for!

If I was looking at any car under ?2k I wouldn't expect it to be blemish free and I would expect some sort of repair history, especially in todays driving world.

That's why we go tyre kicking and test driving, to make sure what we are going to see meets our expectations. What do you expect for ?1800? Not exactly breaking the bank or a high end spec'd car.

Put it down to experience and learn from it. I have had around 60 cars so far in my life and some were dogs, but I knew what I was buying. I have also walked away from many, never even getting to drive some of them as they were so bad on the first impression.
Old 03-11-10, 02:26 PM   #27
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe8891 View Post
I wasted the whole sunday looking at this car after travelling 2half hours to look the car dosen`t look like it does in the pics, its been smacked up the ar*e and cracked the paint on the top of the rear bumper and has scraches both sides, the bumper has dropped on the right hand side the boot dosen`t stay open the clutch is very high does drive ok tho! on the passenger rear door bump strip is a different colour and there is a blemish on the front door. the front bumper is worse then it looks,and saving the best for last its been in a crash in 2003 his dad smashed in it to a traffic island with no lights on it and took out both wheels the whole suspenshion strut wheel bearing cvs about ?2300 damage he wasn`t gonna tell me untill we found it in the paper work and its done 10k miles in the last 3year with no service!!! its not 1lady owner his dad drives it and hes son drives it 2, the pics are from 2009

sorry m8 had to be said!!!!!
Tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 02:28 PM   #28
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
I can see both sides, but its always best to state everything when selling a car.
Ive been to look at 4 or 5 180's now and everyone had some hidden history or wasn't as described.
Truth is, these cars aren't worth alot, even the mint ones.
Old 17-11-10, 11:03 PM   #29
Stuartamc

Stuartamc is on a distinguished road
New pics...

I've been too busy recently, but finally have some new pics of the car. Not exactly been the best weather for it, but never mind. These are higher res, but I'm limited on size here. I've uploaded them here anyways, but also have (hopefully) working links for the full resolution so people can have a good look at the car and form an opinion for themselves.

Would be really interested to see what people think of the car, and if it's a fair price I have been asking for..?

Thanks

image hosting service

upload image

free image host

upload image

myspace image uploader

free image hosting

upload image

free image upload

image hosting

myspace image uploader

upload images

free image uploader

Oh and if someone would be so kind to let me know if this has worked as I've never tried this image linking malarky before, ta!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020237.jpg (96.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020240.jpg (96.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020281.jpg (96.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020282.jpg (96.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020284.jpg (96.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020285.jpg (85.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020307.jpg (96.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020308.jpg (93.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020309.jpg (95.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020310.jpg (96.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020311.jpg (91.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020312.jpg (93.1 KB, 0 views)
Stuartamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-10, 11:08 PM   #30
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Images worked fine

God I want this car lol.