theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts For Sale

Old 06-10-11, 10:34 PM   #41
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheelay View Post
I could make a few of these indicator kits if there's anyone interested.

The part's list is quite short:
- 4x 12v LEDs & mounting brackets (better off going with low power types, as you can't draw a lot current from the VIS circuit without causing problems)
- 4x 1N4007 diodes
- 1x 2k1 resistor
- some stripboard to mount the components on
- about 3-3.5 metres of 5 core cable to run into the engine bay
Oh ffs more work getting outsourced to the continent no wonder our economy is gubbed
Old 07-10-11, 12:23 PM   #42
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheelay View Post
- 4x 12v LEDs & mounting brackets (better off going with low power types, as you can't draw a lot current from the VIS circuit without causing problems)
What kind of problems? What power type were these [OP] kits?
Old 07-10-11, 02:06 PM   #43
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
The LEDs quoted originally are Maplin CJ69A. The specs say they draw about 8.5mA at full power. The extra resistor added to the circuit reduces that current draw.

I found if more than about 5 mA is drawn, the VIS motor got stuck in the activated/open position and wouldn't reset until I disconnected the indicators. However, I changed the circuit slightly using a separate resistor on each LED so that the LEDs light better. But it meant my circuit was drawing too much.

My point was just that there's no benefit in using higher brightness LEDs (e.g. @ 20mA each) as they won't be able to draw the current needed for that extra brightness.
pheelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 02:09 PM   #44
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Oh ffs more work getting outsourced to the continent no wonder our economy is gubbed
hehe, well your funny money is of no real use to me here! At best, beer money for my trips over to London
pheelay is offline   Reply With Quote