theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-10-12, 09:22 AM   #1
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
MG launches MG6 BTCC Special Edition

see www.MG.co.uk

Could this be what we are all waiting for?

I think its going to be released at Brands Hatch today at 1.30pm....
Old 20-10-12, 09:26 AM   #2
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
MG LAUNCHES MG6 BTCC SPECIAL EDITION

MG is launching an MG6 BTCC Special Edition to celebrate its hugely successful return to saloon car racing.

The MG6 GT BTCC Special Edition will be unveiled at the final round of the 2012 MSA Dunlop British Touring Car Championship at Brands Hatch this weekend where MG’s Jason Plato is fighting for the championship.

Plato, in his MG KX Momentum Racing team MG6 GT, is currently second in the rankings and just 15 points behind leader Gordon Shedden as the fight for the title goes down to the line.

It’s been an amazing season for Plato and the MG team in what was supposed to be just a “learning year” in MG’s return to top level racing. This weekend’s final three races will see Plato in a four-way fight for the title between Shedden and his team-mate Matt Neal and Andrew Jordon, who are all in Hondas.

Plato, who has won the BTCC championship twice before, clinched his titles at the fast and demanding Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit.

Against this dramatic backdrop MG will unveil the new road-going MG6 BTCC Special Edition with its striking livery and distinctive Racing matt black roof and Racing matt black 18-inch alloy wheels.

The new car is based on the award-winning MG6 GT and will really stand out from the crowd. Every BTCC Special Edition will also have Racing black gloss sills, door mirror covers, lower front air dam and rear spoiler.

The front grille proudly sports a BTCC badge and a distinctive multi-coloured MG KX Momentum Racing team decal is on the bonnet extension panel above the front grille, on the fastback boot lid and on the front doors and wings just behind the chrome wing vent.

BTCC Edition graphics are highlighted on the sills and also inside the car on the passenger facia.

Power from the BTCC Special Edition is from the 1.8-litre turbo petrol model of the standard car and delivers 160 PSI to give a 0 to 62mph of 8.4 seconds and a top speed electronically limited to 120mph. Yet the car has a Group 14E insurance rating.

The BTCC Special Edition has a very high level of standard equipment including sports driver and front passenger seats, Dunlop Sport 225/45R 18 performance tyres, iTPMS tyre monitoring system, integrated full colour satellite navigation (including a lifetime subscription to Trafficmaster), air conditioning, rear parking sensors, front fog lights, cruise control, an electronic hill hold function, power folding electrically heated exterior mirrors, CD audio with USB and auxiliary inputs for MP3/Ipod connectivity and a leather covered multifunction steering wheel.

Despite its sporting credentials, the BTCC Special Edition is surprisingly practical for everyday use with a huge class leading boot and rear folding seats to give a massive 400 litre cargo capacity.

The cars are covered by a full AA European roadside assistance package for three years, has a three year/60,000 mile manufacturers warranty and the UK dealer network has direct support from the MG Birmingham factory.

Jason Plato said: “It should be quite a weekend. I’m going to give it everything I’ve got. Ian Harrison and all the team at Triple 888 have done a great job with the race car and the timing for the launch of MG’s new BTCC Special Edition is brilliant.

“I’m planning to be on hand to whip the covers off and show the new car to the world as long as my busy weekend programme permits. Anyway, it’s going to be a great weekend for all of us.”** *

Guy Jones, MG Motor UK’s Sales & Marketing Director, said: “Coming back to BTCC racing was a huge gamble for us. But with Jason’s fantastic driving skills, the huge enthusiasm of the whole MG KX Momentum Racing team and the backing of key sponsors such as Tesco Fuels and Castrol, we’ve had a sensational season.

“Our success on the track cried out for a special road-going MG6 car for MG fans to celebrate our return to one of the most popular race series in the world.”
Old 20-10-12, 09:34 AM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
It does read well, look forward to seeing some pictures of it.
Old 20-10-12, 09:36 AM   #4
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Excited!
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-12, 09:42 AM   #5
WalkerDnB

WalkerDnB has a spectacular aura aboutWalkerDnB has a spectacular aura about
How do they manage to get such a small amount of power form a 1.8 turbo?
should be at least 210bhp imo

WalkerDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-12, 10:00 AM   #6
mattie007

I guess as its their only engine and they want to broaden the appeal then its been done to save on mpg and emmissons. It was bad enough releasing a car with just one engine, but if they had gone the 220bhp route, they may have sold a few more to enthusiasts, but not as many to the majority family buyer. The 2.0L Turbo is on its way though!
Old 20-10-12, 10:01 AM   #7
WalkerDnB

WalkerDnB has a spectacular aura aboutWalkerDnB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie007 View Post
I guess as its their only engine and they want to broaden the appeal then its been done to save on mpg and emmissons. It was bad enough releasing a car with just one engine, but if they had gone the 220bhp route, they may have sold a few more to enthusiasts, but not as many to the majority family buyer. The 2.0L Turbo is on its way though!
and I bet that only puts out 190bhp lol

I see what your saying though they should of offered a diesel

WalkerDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-12, 10:06 AM   #8
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Best of luck to it, but tbh I'm thinking sheep in wolfs clothing.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-12, 10:10 AM   #9
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Electronically limited to 120mph?! Wouldn't want it unrestricted allowing Ito be driven at 125mph max now would we lol!

I hold my reservations until I see it but would never buy the 1.8. Unless they release 250bhp, I'm not sure I'll bother really

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-12, 10:22 AM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wish it well but think its a pity they couldnt get the 2.0L ready in time.