theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-06-09, 09:39 PM   #1
davidkp

davidkp is on a distinguished road
is it worth it?

hi chaps, as some of you know i have been thinking about a zs for a while now. however it turns out that my insurance payout i was expecting has entered into a tricky situation, in which the third party failed to reply so my party have now issued court proceedings don't have a clue what will happen now, i'm just a bit upset over it all seeing as i kept being told different things from my insurance lawyers. the accident was in december last year and i've got permanent knee and neck damage and they keep messing me about

anyway, i'm going off topic, the reason i started this thread is because i recently won a mk2 zs on the bay. its in a grubby state and was a cat d write off due to vandal damage 2 years ago. i know that mgr's get written off for anything these days so that didn't really bother me. its only got 18k on the clock, its a 120 on a 54 plate, plus model so with 180 kit etc, also has alcantara interior. has got a few scrapes here and there, but nothing i wouldn't be prepared to sort.

this all came to the grand total of 2k, which is great seeing as thats less than what i could sell my zed for. however i know how expensive it can be getting cars up to scratch. i fixed up my zr at the begining of the year having bought it after having a front impact, nothing major but still cost a lot more than i had anticipated to get it back on the road. obv the zs isn't as bad as that and just needs a spruce up, i would need to check it first.

anyway while this is all fine and dandy i go and do a HPI check, only to find it was declared stolen in 2005 as well as the cat D write off in 07

anyway chaps, heres the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=370206602658

let me know whether you think its worth it? i think it is, but would appreciate your opinions,

cheers

Last edited by davidkp; 01-06-09 at 09:42 PM.
davidkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 09:52 PM   #2
wodge

wodge is on a distinguished road
you can get a 2005 v6 for 3k! that would be better imo
wodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 09:55 PM   #3
davidkp

19 with 0 years ncb, its not going to happen lol
Old 01-06-09, 09:58 PM   #4
wodge

pfft

excuses excuses... i might get the v6 looks awsome too
Old 01-06-09, 10:00 PM   #5
davidkp

looks the same as the 120 i just bought :S

and i'm paying 1250 as a named driver on my nans policy. if thats not a good enough excuse against a v6 than i don't know what is!
Old 01-06-09, 10:02 PM   #6
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkp View Post
19 with 0 years ncb, its not going to happen lol
why not. my first 180 was easy to insure at 19 with 1 year ncb. it was the same price ad my 1998 rover 214 at the time!

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 10:06 PM   #7
wodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkp View Post
looks the same as the 120 i just bought :S

and i'm paying 1250 as a named driver on my nans policy. if thats not a good enough excuse against a v6 than i don't know what is!
fair point...though unless your nan is actually the main driver you are 'fronting' which is an offence. very hard to prove though
Old 01-06-09, 10:21 PM   #8
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Hmm a toughy fella, but pesonally i would be inclined to sort it oot asa you have bought it and underneath the crap lies a motor that will be very tidy when done up But fir the love o god get your own insurance and add yer nan tae that to make it cheaper as it will save ye in the long run by building up yer own ncb!!
Old 01-06-09, 10:23 PM   #9
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
just thought, depends how old yer nan is as when you pass a certain age insurance shoots up again so mibbe she is costing you more than you think?!?!
Old 01-06-09, 10:42 PM   #10
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
insurance companys arnt stupid. you may say your nan is the main driver, but they will know different. they will still assume and price it as if you were the main driver. for one how many old biddy's do you know that own and drive a boy racer zr? i dont know of any thats for sure! lol insurance companys think like this.

mine was cheaper on my own than been on my dads, as maxfly said, i will get cheaper as your ncb is built up

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote