theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-09-13, 02:44 PM   #1
jobangles

jobangles is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thank you

I have hardly ever posted on the forum as I am a technical ignoramus so don’t feel I can contribute much , but want to say a big ‘thank you’ to all who have posted advice here.
Recently I suffered the Soggy Sounder problem with the alarm on my ZS 120 and thanks to a bit of research here was able to pluck up the courage to tackle it myself and all is well again now.
I didn’t modify the mounting bracket as suggested, but re-sealed the unit and then covered the joint with Araldite! It looks a bit messy but it’s out of sight and I’m sure it will never let water in again!
Also looked into dealing with cloudy headlamp lenses after failing the MOT because of unsatisfactory beam spread. So got busy with elbow grease and Meguiar's ScratchX 2.0
and passed the retest ok.
Thanks again for all the advice.
I am now having to consider selling the ZS and getting my B GT back on the road. The B is less than £100 to insure due to the low mileage I do, whereas the ZS is over three time more than that.
I would welcome any opinions and advice.
Geoff

Last edited by Dan1971; 13-09-13 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Breach of site rules
jobangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 04:32 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Keep the ZS, had a few MGB GT's, but rust got them all in the end.

Plus you get pushed along by any little modern hatch!!!

Old 12-09-13, 05:13 PM   #3
jobangles

Will think about it in the pub tonight. That's where I do most of my 'thinking'
Old 12-09-13, 05:37 PM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Best place.

Old 12-09-13, 09:50 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
If you get rid of the ZS the insurance on the B will go up as the mileage will go up!
Old 13-09-13, 09:31 AM   #6
jobangles

That's good thinking, but I don't have to commute any more, I'm retired so only do low mileage
Old 13-09-13, 09:38 AM   #7
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Thats why we got rid of the B, now also got a MGTF160 vvc, so much more refined than the B and easier to get into.
Old 13-09-13, 01:03 PM   #8
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Unless you are particularly fond of the B i would say keep the ZS - it will be a much more refined place to be when driving - even if short distances - and probably a lot more reliable too

You ought to be able to find a quote a lot cheaper than £300 for it, unless you are unlucky with the insurance postcodes. My Zs is £500 with heavy mods and the fiesta is £350 (i live in city as well as have each car on 8000 mile policies). Have you tried Peter Best, as they do some very good quotes for low mileage cars.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-13, 02:57 PM   #9
jobangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Thats why we got rid of the B, now also got a MGTF160 vvc, so much more refined than the B and easier to get into.
Nice one! Slowly starting to favour hanging on to the ZS now.
Old 14-09-13, 02:59 PM   #10
jobangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
Unless you are particularly fond of the B i would say keep the ZS - it will be a much more refined place to be when driving - even if short distances - and probably a lot more reliable too

You ought to be able to find a quote a lot cheaper than £300 for it, unless you are unlucky with the insurance postcodes. My Zs is £500 with heavy mods and the fiesta is £350 (i live in city as well as have each car on 8000 mile policies). Have you tried Peter Best, as they do some very good quotes for low mileage cars.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try them when the dreaded renewal time comes up.